23rd July 2012, 09:09 AM
priyadarshanvivek

Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering PG in Biotechnology?

I have done bsc biotechnology 4 year course from SHIATS, ALLAHABAD. What are the job opportunities available for me? Or should i do PG in the same subject. In that case which are the universities in which admissions are still open in the month of July?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the job opportunities after completion of Biotechnology?
  2. How may I do my M.S in Biotechnology from Abroad? List of universities offering such course? I've secured 85% marks
  3. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  4. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  5. List of universities offering M.Phil Biotechnology through correspondence? -- [New]
  6. List of universities which offer M.Tech in Biotechnology in Abroad? Can I study MS in Biotechnology after completing B.Tech?
  7. List of top colleges offering MS in pharmaceutical biotechnology?
  8. What are the qualification requirements for M.Tech. Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  10. What Jobs I can do after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  11. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA and M.Tech in Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology? Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  12. What are the job opportunities available for me after BSc Biotechnology?
  13. Government Job Opportunities in the field of Biotechnology after completion of M.Tech in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
  14. List of universities offering MSc biotechnology?
  15. How to do M.Sc in Nutrition after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering this course in Correspondence?
  16. What are the provision for providing scholarship for BSc Biotechnology students in US universities?
  17. Best colleges in India offering B.Tech/BSc course in Biotechnology? Job opportunities in this field? I have completed my 12th with 95% marks
  18. Centres offering Integrated Ph.D in Biotechnology after BSc Biotechnology? When and how to apply?

23rd July 2012, 10:32 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering PG in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshanvivek View Post
I have done bsc biotechnology 4 year course from SHIATS, ALLAHABAD. What are the job opportunities available for me? Or should i do PG in the same subject. In that case which are the universities in which admissions are still open in the month of July?
Biotechnology is one of the most rapidly growing subject and recently its application in various fields have led to rapid growth and development. It is basically a research oriented subject which tries to blend science with technology.

It has been used in the development of medicines, vaccines, in increasing productiving or energy production and so on. Its contribution in animal husbandry is specially noteworthy as it has lead to improvement of animal breeding.

Career options in biotechnology field is aplenty and you will be spoilt for choice. They are generally hired in various pharmaceutical companies and various other chemical, pesticides or agricultural companies.

Job opportunities includes working as:

Bioinformists
Quality Control Officer
Research Scientist
Marketing Manager
Food/Chemical Analyst
Science Writer
Lab Technician
Research Associate
Business Development Manager

Some Major Recruiters in India:

Tata Engineering Research Institute

National Chemical Laboratories

National Botanical Institute

Hindustan Antibiotics

India Vaccines Corporation

Bincon India Ltd.

Hindustan Lever Ltd

Thapar Group

IDPL

Top Colleges for M.Sc in Biotechnology:

Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology, Trivandrum
School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad
National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai
Guru Govind Singh Indraprasths University
The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
Aligarh Muslim University
Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering
School of Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University

23rd July 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering PG in Biotechnology?

I HAVE COMPLETED M.Sc. IN BIOTECHNOLOGY WITH 68% IN 2010 FROM A INSTITUTE IN DEHRADUN.I HAVE COMPLETED A SHORT TERM PROJECT FROM SANJAY GANDHI POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES ,LUCKNOW. I AM FRESHER ALSO.PLEASE TELL ME SOME COMPANIES LIKE BIOTECH NAD PHARMA WHERE I M APPLY FOR JOB

23rd July 2012, 10:55 PM
samatha89
Member+

Biotechnology is one of the most rapidly growing subject and recently its application in various fields have led to rapid growth and development. It is basically a research oriented subject which tries to blend science with technology.

It has been used in the development of medicines, vaccines, in increasing productiving or energy production and so on. Its contribution in animal husbandry is specially noteworthy as it has lead to improvement of animal breeding.

Career options in biotechnology field is aplenty and you will be spoilt for choice. They are generally hired in various pharmaceutical companies and various other chemical, pesticides or agricultural companies.

Job opportunities includes working as:

Bioinformists
Quality Control Officer
Research Scientist
Marketing Manager
Food/Chemical Analyst
Science Writer
Lab Technician
Research Associate
Business Development Manager

Some Major Recruiters in India:

Tata Engineering Research Institute

National Chemical Laboratories

National Botanical Institute

Hindustan Antibiotics

India Vaccines Corporation

23rd July 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i,m persuing b.tech(biotechnology) so there is any job opportunities after completing my biotechnology .so that i will continue my study for p.g. course...........

10th September 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I done my b.sc. 3 year course from DAVV,INDORE.What are the job opportunities available for me? Or should i do PG in the same subject. In that case which are the universities in which admissions are still open in the month of september and witch subjects in PG?

5th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

i am about to complete bsc in biotechnology where can get a job

3rd December 2012, 12:20 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

The best option would be to go for Post graduation.Most of the jobs at graduate level would be for graduates of all stream.Post graduaton differs us in our stream and gives us better option for jobs and future.
As a B.Sc biotechnology you can get jobs through SSC,UPSC,State PSCs and some of the private companies.But the better option would be to go for M.Sc..

In the B.sc in biotechnology you have study the subjects relate dto the food technology, stem cell, food protection, food storing, enviormnet related , genetic enginering etc....

JOBS under the goevrnemnt departments are like:

Genertic engineering
Gene thearpy
Stem cell techniques
DNA vaccines
Biosensor
Research science and technology
Rational drug design
Plant Based drug
Organ transplantation
Enzyme engineering and technology

Thanks..

16th February 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc.biotech 3 years from agra..mow i want to catch a job!!1 so what are the aspests regarding to this..plzzz say

19th February 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.sc biotech from rohilkhand university bareilly in 2012 and i do 1year gap but now i want to do msc biotech.so u plz tell me about the subject in which i do msc biotech.and after this i got found job in biotech companey. Which option will be good for me m.sc biotech or mba biotech. And also tell me about top biotech private college who provide good campus placement.

20th February 2013, 06:11 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshanvivek View Post
HI!
After passing B.Sc Biotech you have option like:-
> Civil Services
> Indian Army
> C.B.I
> Central Police Force
etc

If you want you can join M.Sc Biotech after passing B.Sc.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.A.M
> J.N.U-C.B.E.E
etc

ALL THE BEST!

30th April 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

hi i just competed my bsc. biotech (hns)in 2012 , i want to know what will be the future opportunities outside india for biotech students

9th June 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the actual difference between a BSc Biotechnology degree and a BTech Biotechnology Degree ?
Please reply

9th June 2013, 01:51 PM
manideep18

I want to know the exact difference between BSc Biotechnology and BTech Biotechnology degree and the respective influence each having in career prospects and prefferences

4th July 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs apportunities after B.Sc in ZBC (ZOOLOGY,BOTANY,CHEMISTRY)?

13th August 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.sc advanced zoology and biotechnology.what are tha job opportunities i have?

18th August 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I completed B.sc biotechnology,biochemistry,chemistry in rajahmundry. what are the job opportunities i have in rjy

31st October 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

ya pls inform the biotech jobs

3rd December 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I completed my Bsc Biotecnology recently ,so please kindly show the job oppurtunities (Private )in Andhra pradesh.K.Hemalatha,Vijayanagaram

26th December 2013, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i hve completed my bsc.biotech an interested in fd technology so kindly suggest me some good unversity in india who give campus recruitment

26th June 2014, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my bsc degree with biotechnology from SBN PG college barwani and university is D.A.V.V with 60%.can i get admission in any researh institude and what will be the better option for me //////

16th July 2014, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i have completed biotechnology and i got 61 % so please suggest me some job apportunity.

9th August 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I'm in last year of bsc. Biotechnology. I have not scored good marks till..
My average %age upto date is 56% only. I dnt know what to after bsc. i want to study in USA or in Canada.bt dnt know what to do. Anyone plz tell me about my problem???

29th April 2015, 10:16 AM
pravin kanade

Default jobs as a quality control

I have done my graduation in Biotechnology.. And i want job in pharma company as a quality control employee.. My contact no. 7383604305.......7874751904...Thank you

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?