25th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for ICWAI or CA? I am a central government employee

i am a central govt employee. i have completed my graduation in commerce from kerala university.now i am 25 years old. can i apply for icwai or ca. what is the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for any MPSC exam? I am a central government employee
  2. Being a 38 years old Central Government GP C Employee, can I apply in same department as departmental candidate? -- [New]
  3. Can I get a job in any central government department? I am a retired AP state employee
  4. How to apply for another post in central government if I am a employee in central government with annual income of 5 lakh? Am I eligible to apply in OBC quota?
  5. How to apply for a job in state bank of India? My father is a central government employee of grade III in BSNL
  6. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  7. Can I do Ph.D in Entomology if I am a central government employee
  8. Upper age limit for MPSC examination for Central Government employees?
  9. What is the age relaxation given for central government employee?
  10. What is the maximum age limit for central government employee to apply for IES exam? What is the cutoff percentage required?
  11. How to do MSc in Zoology if I am a central government employee?
  12. Can a central government employee give JMFC exam and be a Judge?
  13. Can a central government employee apply for State government? What's the age limit for the same?
  14. Is there any age relaxation for central government female employee?
  15. When is the vacancy for combined graduate level exam expected? Can a retired defence personnel avail the benefit of Ex Servicemen?
  16. Minimum age required for a Central Government Employee to be eligible for UPSC Exam?
  17. Can a government employee be allowed for C.A course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Any age relaxation for me to appear in group I services of central government if I am a WB government employee?
21st August 2012, 02:40 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can i apply for ICWAI or CA? I am a central government employee

Yes , you can apply in Chartered Accountancy or ICWA as you are eligible for both courses but it would be better if you apply in Cost and Management Accountancy Course (icwa) .

There are 3 level in CA and CWA

• FOUNDATION
• EXECUTIVE
• FINAL

Chartered Accountancy course minimum requirement is 12th passed but graduate student also has to pass CPT level (first level) where as in ICWA course Graduate candidate has exemption of first level and they can enroll in Second level.

Because of which they complete the CWA course with in 2 /3 years where as for CA the completion is not only difficult but this course also take more than 5 yrs (around)even for graduate candidate.

But if you are studious and think you can still pull it off than you can apply for CA as the course is consider as best course as far as Finance department of any company/organization is concern.

The CA first level subjects are given below.

Fundamental of Accounting
Mercantile Law
General Economics
Quantitative Aptitude

CWA Second level subjects are also given below -

The Intermediate course comprises of two Groups.

Group-I

Financial Accounting
Commercial & Industrial Laws and Auditing
Applied Direct Taxation
Group-II
Cost and Management Accounting
Operation Management & Information System
Applied Indirect Taxation

Examinations of the course are conduct twice a year in may and june.

Admission is open through out the year.

You can register online or buy prospectus from it's centers.

centers list is available in it's official website.

These courses have centers all over India , So you may find center in kERALA and you can take all the required information from these centers .

For more information WEBSITEs

CMA - www.myicwai.com
CA - www.icai.org
22nd August 2012, 04:14 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Smile Re: Can i apply for ICWAI or CA? I am a central government employee

Yes you are eligible for Chartered Accountancy course minimum requirement is 12th passed but graduate student also has to pass CPT level (first level) where as in ICWA course Graduate candidate has exemption of first level and they can enroll in Second level.
There are 3 level in CA and CWA

• FOUNDATION
• EXECUTIVE
• FINAL
31st May 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Whether any exemption from training is allowed for government employee?
11th September 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

i am a govt servant and want to do ca. my question is that whether i have to take leave to complete this course or i can continue it doing the job
12th September 2013, 01:10 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Institute of Cost and Works Accountants is one of the leading financial schools in India.The profession of cost accountancy is mainly promoted by ICWA. This examination is held twice a year i.e. one in the month of June and another in December.

Few Courses in ICWA:

Foundation Course of ICWAI
Intermediate Course of ICWAI

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have completed 17 years of ages and must have passed the senior secondary examination(12th standard) of any board recognized by the Central or State Government.

Specializations:

Statistics
Tax Laws and Tax Planning
Auditing
Cost and Management accountancy

Few job types under ICWA:

Chief Auditor
Accountant
Associate Professor
Managing Director
Professor
Marketing Manager
Financial Controller
Chief Auditor

Duration:

Foundation Program- 6 months
Intermediate Program- 12 months
Management Training
- 36 months
Final Course- 12 months

Fee Structure:

Foundation Course- Rs. 3500 for both Oral as well as Postal mode.
Intermediate Course- Rs. 15700 for Postal mode and Rs. 19700 for Oral coaching mode
Final Course- Rs.11500 for postal mode and Rs. 16500 for oral coaching mode
Computer Training- Rs.3400
Modular Training Fee- RS.4000

ICWA Registration/Application Form:

Candidates who are interested in appearing for ICWA entrance exam,have to purchase the information brochure.

The cost of the brochure is Rs.200,Which can be obtained from the ICWA headquarter or any of the regional or chapter offices dispersed all over the country.

When which candidates receiving the brochure by post must send a demand draft of Rs.250 drawn in the favor of Institute of Cost Accountants of India-SIRC,Payble at Chennai.

ICWA Exam Dates:

This exam is held in the month of June and December.Although ICWA 2013 is expected to conduct in june But the actual date is yet to be announced

All the best...........
4th April 2014, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

IS THE GOVERNMENT SERVICE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT FOR ARTICLESHIP OF ICWAI OR WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE ARTICLESHIP IN ICWAI
30th June 2014, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I am an employee of Public Sector Bank. I have given up doing CA at the age of 24 and now I wish to continue the same. I want to know that if any difficulty is there for doing articles, once finishing the Inter, as I am being a banker. Kindly let me know is it possible for me to fulfill my CA dream. Else, suggest me if CWA or CS can be done while working, if so let me the constraints like article-ship if any.
10th July 2014, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i am central govt employee, graduate in BA, working in account oriented deparment, i want to do further study, then what course will be suit me most, guide pls,
2nd August 2015, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Iam west bengal state employee and 34 yrs of age. I wanted to do CA.My question is that whether i have to take leave to complete this course or i can continue it doing the job.
21st August 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.com and at present i have been working in central government organisation for 3 years as a accountant, for ICWA is there any exemption for articles hip training
25th November 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I am a central govt. employee ( sorting asst. Postal dept.). After entering to the service I completed my graduation (BCom) and CPT and now waiting for the results of IPCC November( both groups). I use to work in night shift (alternate nights only which are equalent to 2 day duties). Can I do ARTICLESHIP along with my govt service?
Is there any legal issues? Plz help
15th March 2017, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my second intermediate level and discontinued , is there any possibility that I could continue or I should start from beginning
13th May 2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Please send to me Junior assistant previous papers of Security Printing & Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) Recruitment Immediately
12th May 2018, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I am working as an Accounts Officer in Central Govt and I want to pursue ICWA .Is there any exemption from training to Central Govt Officers?
16th July 2021, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I am central Govt. employee and working in Admin & Accounts since 15 years if I do CMA am I exempted from article ship. Kindly tell me I am Graduate.
16th July 2021, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I am working in Central Govt. since 15 years in Admin & Accounts and I am Graduate, if I do ICWA am I exempted from Article ship. Kindly tell me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?