27th July 2012, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Which is better between CSE and IT after scoring 143000 AIEEE rank?

my aieee rank is 143000 & i am getting admission in manav rachna collage in fridabad for CSE and also in ITM gurgaon for IT. kindly let me know which is better for me and also for placement wise.

27th July 2012, 09:12 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between CSE and IT after scoring 143000 AIEEE rank?

I get these type of questions a lot where usually I say that it really depends of the field that interests you but in this case I would say choose CSE hands down. Although there is not much difference between B.Tech in Computer Science and B.Tech in IT, I would always recommend first over the other.

Both CSE and IT are strong pillars of the Information Technology industry and not much is changed in the syllabus and subjects of CSE and IT. While CSE deals purely with computer software and hardware development, IT gives you advantage in Communication/Telecoms Industry.

Speaking in easy tone for everyone to understand, CSE is about innovation while Information Technology is more about using the technology rather than creating it. IT guys use the technology that CSE guys create. B.Tech in IT is a slightly cut down version of CSE. That's the difference.

Choosing CSE would give you in depth of software programming comparing to IT. The job opportunities in the government and private sector for CSE are better comparing to IT. Although you can apply for all government jobs for CSE if you have degree in IT, but in private sector, despite what some may claim, there are some companies who would prefer CSE over IT.

JOBS

You always have the option to choose between government jobs and private sector jobs. While government jobs are mostly in the Public Sector Undertakings, in private sector you would get the chance to work with some of the best IT companies in the world.

PSU

There are plenty of jobs for CSE in the Public Sector Undertaking for the positions such as Assistant engineer/Management Trainee/Junior Engineer/project engineer etc. The process of applying for PSU is varies from company to company. However you will have to appear in written test followed by the interview. Your GATE score will also be evaluated for the job.

ISRO

DRDO

IBPS

UPSC

BHEL

CDS

CAIL

ONGC

NTPC

APPSC

Private Sector

There are millions of jobs in the private sector for the Computer Science engineers in India. The $60 Billion IT industry of India is always on the hunt of CSE graduates. Some of the top companies that offer jobs are:

TCS

Microsoft

Infosys

Wipro

Tech Mahindra

IBM
27th July 2012, 10:19 AM
vinod sbscet

according to my suggestion CSE is better than IT.
because in IT you are reading about telecome and industial material but on the other hand in CSE you are read about only computer software and hardware. which is very intresting thing. computer is the fast going things of today's life.
therefore, my suggestion is to take CSE in comparison to IT as your UG DEGREE.
27th July 2012, 11:26 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my aieee rank is 143000 & i am getting admission in manav rachna collage in fridabad for CSE and also in ITM gurgaon for IT. kindly let me know which is better for me and also for placement wise.
hello

Computer Engineering and Information technology are two Branches related to software.But there is some difference b/w them which separates them and differentiates them.Both of these are inter-related to each other but there is a difference b/w them which is mentioned below.

Computer Engineering and Information technology(Difference)

The difference between these two branches is that "Computer Engineering is related to Software and Hardware both".But still there is not much difference between the two .students of both branches can be placed in top IT companies(software companies)

On the other hand "Information Technology branch is only related to software" and hence students having this branch can be only placed in top software companies.Hence companies that come in a college for placements prefer Computer Engineering and IT students.

>>Almost 90% of the syllabus covered in the two branches is same,the only difference comes in Pre-final or third year.

>>hence a student of CSE can be placed in top IT companies but there is a wider scope of CSE field.

>>IT field on the other hand has a lot of scope too but its CSE which develops (IT Too...) develops technology but since most of the softwares are made the focus of Both is in softwares but presence of hardware in CSE develops more opportunities for students.

>>These branches give good placement opportunities as the top recruiters in India are IT companies(which recruit both
Computer Engineering and Information technology students).

top companies (recuiters)

>>Tata consultancy services(TCS)
>>Infosys
>>Patni computers
>>tech mahindra
>>cognizant
>>sapient
>>oracle
>>HCL ..........etc..

public sector openings are available in::::

>>
IBPS

>>ISRO
>>DRDO
>>UPSC
>>BHEL
>>CDS
>>CAIL
>>ONGC
>>NTPC

>>so, as far taking branch b/w CSE and It is concerned,as you are not having a good rank hence if you get a good stream like CSE in a good college(as you wont get the best in state) hence better to choose that from the same college

>>as you mentioned above then go ahead with ITM gurgaon(IT branch),But fees for ITM is high around 2.5-3 lakh with hostel..

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?