9th September 2012, 12:03 AM
amandeep.kaur

When will the IPS examination going to be held?

Respected sir/madam,
I want to know that, when will be the IPS examination is going to be held in the year 2013 and please suggest me the proper guide book for the exam.

16th September 2012, 09:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will the IPS examination going to be held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeep.kaur View Post
Respected sir/madam,
I want to know that, when will be the IPS examination is going to be held in the year 2013 and please suggest me the proper guide book for the exam.
IPS stands for Indian Police services and IPS officers got a job in Police Departments, as a Director of Intelligence Bureau, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police etc. but to become IPS officer is not the easy process, you have to crack the written test first.

It means you have to apply for the UPSC civil services examination to become IPS officer, this examination is conducted by UPSC every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your graduate degree course from a recognized university. Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

When you apply for this exam, then you have to appear for the Civil services Preliminary examination and this examination is objective with two papers and if you cracked this exam, then you are eligible to apply for Mains.

First you have to start your preparation with General Studies and you have a knowledge of Economy, History, Polity, Ecology and Biodiversity, Geography and General Science. For clear these concepts you have to refer NCERT Books.

After that you can also prepare for Paper -II, and for this you have to prepare for Numerical ability, Language Comprehension, Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning. Please prepared for Preliminary examination as per the pattern and syllabus.

You can refer these books for best practice for this examination namely, Constitution of India by Bakshi, General Science - Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide, Geography: Spectrum, Its better to use NCERT books, it will helps you a lot to cracked this examination.

The notification of this examination is going to be published next year in the month of February. So please wait for the notification and the apply, when the notification declared, it will be updated in the official website of UPSC and then you can fill the application form online.

The examination will be conducted in May next year. So please wait for the notification and then apply. If you need more details then you can check official website of UPSC.
13th October 2012, 04:43 PM

hello aman,

IPS stands for indian police service.To get in to this stream u have to write the exam conducted by upsc every year once.To apply for this exam u must have completed graduate course from a recognized university.

the notification will be declared in the month of February,prelims will be held in the month of june and main in the month of november.

The examination has got 2 steps:
1)preliminary
2)main
7th January 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

can I get info about the exam process ??
19th February 2013, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Iam pursuing Bechelor in Physical education but I don't have NCC certificate can i appear for IPS exam?
3rd March 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

I am an B TECH student of 3rd in NIT agartala. I am persuing electronincs and comm. Engineering, what should i do to crack ips exam,
20th June 2013, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

hi i am mareeswaran from tamilnadu i wanna become a IPS officer now i am studying my Bachelor of Science in CS dept final year.
which books are easy to learn and clean. please tell me sir/madam
21st June 2013, 03:54 AM
Nitsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeep.kaur View Post
Respected sir/madam,
Date of Exam: 26 May 2013.

The IPS preliminary examination is conducted in two papers, they are general studies and the second paper is optional subject, which includes subjects like zoology, statistics, sociology, public administration, psychology, political science, physics, philosophy, medical science, etc…
You can refer
For general studies:
You should be updated with the current affairs by going through magazines like
Completion success review magazine
General knowledge books like
general knowledge refresher written by O.P. Khanna.
And read newspaper regularly
For Ur subject of intrest you should be thorough with your NCERT books.
And you should review last year question papers as well .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?