Am i eligible for net examination i passed m.a english with 53.50

11th September 2012, 02:32 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after passing M.A English with 53.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for NET Examination because you have scored less marks in your Post graduation.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year, the examination is conducted in June and December Every year and for this year JUNE NET Examination was already completed.

December NET Examination notification is going to be Published soon in the month of October.

After publishing the notification, candidates are eligible to fill online application form and the fees of NET Examination is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank and after paying the fees you can fill the online application form of NET.

But, You have not scored minimum 55% marks in your post graduation, so you can not appear for NET Examination.

To apply for NET, you have to secured at-least 55% marks in your post graduation.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for NET Examination.

You have not fulfill the eligibility criteria, so you are not eligible for NET. If you need more details check official website:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
11th September 2012, 05:05 PM
jayks

Quote:
Sorry to say that friend you are not eligible for NET because For NET minimum 55% required

Qualification Criteria for NET exam

Education

The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject.
They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition.
The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam.

Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit.
There is relaxation of
3 years OBC and
5 years for SC/ST candidates.

NET exams are conducted Twice each year, in June and in December

For more info please contact..

Official Information of UGC
Address: University Grant Commission (U G C),
Bahadur
Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi,
Pin:110 002
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website URL: http://www.ugc.ac.in/

all the best
11th September 2012, 05:48 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test

NET exam conduct by the UGC twice in a year, in the months of June and December for jrf and lecturership.

Notifications comes in the months of March and September in Employment News and ugc website- www.ugc.ac.in

Candidate can apply online only. General candidate should be post graduate with 55% from any recognised university.

Those candidate who belong to reserve category they should have 50% marks in post graduation.

There is no upper age limit for lecturer.For jrf age is between 19 to 28 year.

So If you are general candidate then you are not eligible but if you are belong to reserve category then you can apply for net exam.

For more detail--- www.ugc.ac.in
11th September 2012, 06:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for NET as you have not scored the minimum percentage criteria of 55% marks in Post Graduation but you will be eligible if you are from SC/ST category with your score of 53.5% in M.A. in English.

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC two times every year in the month of June and December for selection of Lectureship and award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
11th September 2012, 06:44 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for NET exam after passing M.A English with 53.50 as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. The candidate must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition.

2. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam.

However you can pursue a post graduation degree with 55% in some other subject if wishes to appear for the same.
11th September 2012, 08:49 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) two times in a year i.e in the month of june and december, this year june month exam is already over so you can wait for the next notification.

Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for the NET exam because you have not aggregate percentage of marks in your Post-Graduation the minimum percentage to appear this exam is 55% marks.

Eligibility criteria:-

***The candidate should have to complete post-graduation with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

***5% of marks relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

***The candidates should be a citizen of india.

***Final year sem appearing students can also eligible for this exam.

Age limits:-

For JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) the candidates age should be in between 18years to 28 years.

For Lectureship the minimum age is 19 years but there is no maximum age limits for this exam.

Syllabus:-

For more details visit below website

www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

All the best.
12th September 2012, 07:30 PM
sailagishetty

My dear friend
sorry,you are not eligible for NET exam.Because you scored less marks in PG.
NET - National eligibility test.This exam was conducted by UGC.After notification you have to apply for NET exam .Eees for exam is 450/-.You have to pay fee through bank challen in SBI Bank.But you are not eligible for exam because you are not scored 55% marks in PG.So You cannot apply for NET.
21st January 2013, 08:41 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for the NET exam after passing M.A. English with 53.50% marks.

The Minimum Marks that you should have in M.A. to be eligible for NET is 55%.

However if you belong to any of the Reserved Categories , then you will be eligible as there is a relaxation of 5% marks granted to those candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
22nd January 2013, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

You have completed MA in English with below 55% so you are not applicable for NET Exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years .Age relaxation upto 5 years provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Lectureship , there are no age limit.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
22nd January 2013, 01:01 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

[CENTER]
Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET exam after passing M.A. English with 53.50% marks.

The percentage criteria regarding with the NET exam is 55% marks.

But, if you are in SC/ST category, then you are eligible for NET exam because 5% relaxation is granted for SC/ST candidates.

Thanks.
23rd January 2013, 09:55 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NO, you cannot appear for the UGC NET exams, if you belong to General and OBC category.

NET exams are conducted by UGC each year.
This exam is conducted in June and December each year

Below is the Minimum eligibilty criteria that needs to be fulfilled by each candidates who wants to apply for the UGC NET exams:

Post Graduation pass with Minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for SC/ST candidates

So, if you belong to SC/ST category, than only you can apply, otherwise you cannot apply
24th January 2013, 02:47 AM
SHARIB IZHAR

National Eligibility Test
Dear friend, I am sorry to say but you are not eligible for NET with 53%.

Eligibility criteria:-
1) Candidates should have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC.
2)Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

SC/ST students have relaxation of 5%, hence they can apply with 50% only.
24th January 2013, 02:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible only if belongs to SC or ST category. The percentage requirement for such candidates is 50 percent marks. However General and OBC candidates should have at least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

Therefore please only apply if you belong to Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe. Otherwise you are simply not eligible to appear for National Eligibility Test. You will have to choose some other career option.

Even candidate with 54.99 percent marks is qualified from appearing for National Eligibility Test. While you have scored 53.50 percent marks. If you belong to SC and ST then wait for the official notification by the University Grants Commission for the NET exam expected to be conducted in June.

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. Post graduation degree in any stream from UGC recognized college.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. In case belong to SC and ST then requirement is 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students are eligible if they can submit the degree in 2 years.

6. Your NET subject will be "English".

7. The age limit is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.

8. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. up to 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

10. No upper age limit if candidate is applying for lectureship.
26th January 2013, 10:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

First of all, I would like to tell you that if you are in SC/ST category, only then you are eligible for NET examination as per as your present percentile in M.A.

NET examination is conducted by UGC(University Grants Commission) for the posts of JRF and Lecturership.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Either post-graduate or a final year student of post-graduation with 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST contendors) in any stream from UGC recognised university.

* Age limit- 20-28 for JRF and no limits for Lecturership.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
14th July 2014, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Can i pass net exam in english
What are the subjects in english in net exam
6th June 2017, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Can a student post graduating in English possibly appear for NET in another subject, say Comparative Literature?
20th June 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I want material to appear NET in english literature.i request to suggest where it is available.
21st September 2017, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for net in English after passing ma english with 53.6%.I have passed m.Phil with 54.8%. If not what should I do to apear net exam ?
7th August 2018, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I scored 54.80% in MA. I am eligible for UGC NET exam or not?
21st September 2018, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I got 53% marks in M.A (english)n belong to obc, am i eligible to appear in net exam?
26th November 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I am studying MA English literature in distance study after finish this course I am eligible for net or set exam?
26th November 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I am studying MA English literature in distance study after finish this course I am eligible for net or set exam?
28th November 2018, 06:00 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET/ SET Exam.

The UGC NET exam is held for assistant professor posts in university and junior research fellowship.

The eligibility criteria to apply for UGC NET is as follows:
Educational Qualification: Post graduation degree from recognized university with more than 55% aggregate marks.

Age Limit: The age of the candidates must be below 30 years for NET JRF while there is no age limit for UGC NET lectureship.

You can apply for your post graduation subject or its related subject only.
For more updates, please visit official website.
16th September 2019, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I have passed master's degree in English with 56.52% and I want to attend NET exam with Buddhism in English, is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?