24th September 2012, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

What is the process to join Indian Air Force being a candidate from defence studies?

witch types of processjoin indian forcebeing a candidates from defence studies science course and with an age of 24 years old. plz give me a imformation details.

Related Questions:
15th June 2015, 11:18 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process to join Indian Air Force being a candidate from defence studies?

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force being 24 years old as the maximum age limit for joining same is 23 years.

But you have the option of joining Officers's Training Academy if you are interested in the defense service but for that you will have to crack the CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year and are commonly known as CDS I & CDS II.

The necessary qualifications required for this examination are as here under :-

You must have the nationality of India.

Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

You must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

You must be physically and mentally fir as per the requirement of service.

The examination is held in two stages out of which first is the written examination qualifying which you will be eligible for the second stage i.e; service selection board.

For more information regarding the same examinations log on to the official link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?