9th November 2012, 10:02 PM
jayaakula

Can I write IBPS exam? I am interested in bank job

hai i am jaya. i am studying 3rd year btech. i m very much interested in bank jobs. my age is 21. can i write ibps exams?? i havent completed my under graduate..am i applicable 2 write ibps now?? plzzz help me...by providing all the details

10th November 2012, 01:07 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I write IBPS exam? I am interested in bank job

Hai,

Sorry now you are in 3rd year B.tech for this IBPS bank po eligibility is graduation of Technology Or Graduation of Bachelor you are not eligible exam.
Dont worry after completing your graduation you can eligible for the Bank PO(Probationary Officer), for this you have to apply IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Institute)exam., the IBPS score is valid for one year.

Eligibility criteria:-

***The candidate should be complete any bachelor's degre at any percentage from any recognised university.

***The candidate must be a citizen of india.

***Final year appearing candidates can also be eligible.

Age criteria:-

***The age limits are 20 years to 30 years,

***3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

***5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Written test

Personal interview.

Exam pattern:

regards......santhosh......

all the best......for your future.....
10th November 2012, 02:11 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaakula View Post
hai i am jaya. i am studying 3rd year btech. i m very much interested in bank jobs. my age is 21. can i write ibps exams?? i havent completed my under graduate..am i applicable 2 write ibps now?? plzzz help me...by providing all the details

OF COURSE,,,
You want to make your carrier in banking, It would be a good choice for you. I appreciate it.
As you are in Your 3rd years of your B.TECH degree , so you can not apply for the PO (PROBATIONARY OFFICER) , of the banks posts ,.
As the PO post requires at least a graduation, although final year students can also appear for the IBPS (INSTITUTE OF BANKING & PERSONNEL SELECTION) PO posts.

But you can still apply for the IBPS CLERK examination, which is commonly known as CWE (COMBINED WRITTEN EXAMINATION).
Because the minimum educational requirement for apply for the IBPS CLERKS examination is a 12th degree.

The age limit for this Clerks examination is a 18-28 years,..

Exam pattern--

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
10th November 2012, 03:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I don't see the point of Banking Exam after completing Engineering. If you were interested in banking job then why did you pursued Engineering. It could have been done after any graduation degree.

You should apply for job related to your field. You should try for job in Public Sector Undertaking instead of Public Sector Banks. You will get far better paid job in Public Sector Undertakings than what you would get in banking job.

Anyway if you still want to do banking job then please apply for the IBPS Bank PO Exam. I don't think IBPS Clerk would be good idea for a Engineering graduate. You will meet the criteria for the IBPS Bank PO Exam. Below are the details.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Age limit is 20 to 30 years.

5. The age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. Five years relaxation for the SC/ST.

7. Ten years relaxation is given to person with disability.

19 Public Sector Banks

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank
10th November 2012, 03:49 PM
prince552

Eligibility criteria:-
You must be at least 20 years and the max age is 30 years for general candidates
5 years relaxation for SC/ST Candidates
3 years Upper age relation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PWD Candidates

It is necessary to complete graduation first because if you want to apply for IBPS exams then you must be graduate with minimum 55% aggregates from any recognized university and your age must be between 20 to 30 years
10th November 2012, 04:23 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
Yes , you can appear IBPS bank exam , but as you are not a graduate you can not appear Bank Po exam but you are eligible for Clerical grade .
Details eligibility criteria are as follows:

*The candidates should be a citizen of India.
*The candidates should be a 10+2 pass from a recognize Board.
*The age limit is 18 - 28 yrs there is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

The Clerical exam pattern :

List of best books from where you can prepare for your exam:

For more details log on to......
http://www.ibps.in

Good luck.....
10th November 2012, 05:05 PM
Omprakashh

IBPS ( INSTITUTE OF BANKING AND PERSONAL SELECTION) is a very good organisation because it has conduct 20 nationalize bank for all post and for grameen banks as same. Eligibility for ibps clerk/po must be graduate with any disciplin with 60% Gen, 55% Obc/SC/ST. But u are not complet graduation so now you are not able to this exam.
10th November 2012, 05:07 PM
Omprakashh

IBPS ( INSTITUTE OF BANKING AND PERSONAL SELECTION) is a very good organisation because it has conduct 20 nationalize bank for all post and for grameen banks as same. Eligibility for ibps clerk/po must be graduate with any disciplin with 60% Gen, 55% Obc/SC/ST. But u are not complet graduation so now you are not able to this exam. You may check here more information and details: www.ibps.in
29th November 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Hai Raghavendra Shetti...... want to write IBPS exams please can u help me... with all details and my e-mail id no [email protected]
8th January 2013, 09:17 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Jaya,

Yes you can write the IBPS Exam but only for clerical post and not for PO Post because you haven`t completed your graduation.

The IBPS Conducts the common written examination for clerical as well as PO posts every year for 19 public sector banks.

The Qualifications Required for IBPS Clerical Examination are :

* Educational Qualifications : 12th with a minimum of 55% marks.

* Age Limit : 18-28 years.

* Age Relaxation : 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

* Nationality : Indian

The Qualifications Required for IBPS PO Examination are :

* Educational Qualifications : Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

* Age Limit : 21-30 years.

* Age Relaxation : 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

* Nationality : Indian

So , I advise ou to go for either clerical exam or complete your graduation first then apply for IBPS PO examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th January 2013, 06:24 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello dear

Sorry right now you are not eligible for IBPS or any other bank exam because you are in 3rd year of your B-tech degree and complete gradudation is the minimum eligibility criteria that's why you can't appear till now. but after some time when you complete your graduation then you can apply.

Age criteria for PO is candidate should be 20 to 30 year
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate
Educational Criteria is candidate should be graduate with 55% marks, 50% marks for SC/ST candidate

best of luck
9th January 2013, 03:26 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

Yes you can write for IBPS Clerical exams but not for PO exams because you haven't completed your graduation.

The eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerical and For PO are entioned below:

IBPS Clerical:

12th with a minimum of 55% marks

Age must be in between 18-28 years.

There is a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

Citizenship - Indian.

IBPS PO:

Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

Age must be in between 21-30 years.

There is a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

Citizenship - Indian.

Thanks.

14th January 2013, 08:33 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Can I write IBPS exam? I am interested in bank job

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaakula View Post

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can write for the IBPS Exam.

But after you qualify for the IBPS exam there will be an interview conducted by the IBPS board.

At the time of the interview you need to show the certificates of the UG degree compulsory.So if you are sure you can get your certificate by that time then you can write the exam or else it is not useful.

Except for the IBPS exam pattern is known by writing the exam.So no worry write the exam.

Atleast you can get interview experience.Now the ibps has announced a new notification for the posts in the various banks.

Kindly check the attachment for the more details.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CWE_SPL_II.pdf(128.5 KB, 65 views)
21st February 2013, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Hiii,
i am doing B.com Accounting and finance 1st year so can i write the exam now???????
1st March 2013, 04:18 PM
dyco

Smile Re: Can I write IBPS exam? I am interested in bank job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii,
i am doing B.com Accounting and finance 1st year so can i write the exam now???????
Dear,
to appear or apply for a bank exam, degree plays an important role. Whatever the post may be, but candidate should posses bachelor's degree, whatever category he/she belongs to. Below i am providing you with the eligibility required for bank exam's-

>you must be a citizen of India.

>you need to complete your graduation from a recognized university. After completion of your graduation when you appear in the bank exams, if in case clear it, then you will also be required to submit your "Degree" or "Provisional Certificate" at the time of interview.

>you should posses computer knowledge/diploma which has been mandate in many bank exams

>age limit varies from post to post. So, you need to check it for the post you are going to appear for.

>in case of clerk exam, you should have proficiency in language of the state or UT, you are going to fill the form for.

With Regards
20th May 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech 4th yr which is going to completed in the year 2015 . Can I apply for any bank exams by pursuing b.tech 4th yr Cse.plz give the details of mentioned ..
4th August 2014, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

Do we hav any coachng centre to write ipbs xams ...if v r qualified n tis we ca get job any where ah
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?