19th November 2012, 03:59 AM
shubhamthakur999999

Can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Hotel management graduate from IHM Mumbai

I am a hotel management graduate from IHM mumbai. 21 yrs old. can i apply for IAS exam? which Optional subjects should i Opt for relating to my background? Plz help as i am really looking to take IAS as my only career.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  2. How to do Hotel Management in IHM college? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which are the government department in which Hotel Management Graduate can apply?
  4. How may I do Management Training Program from ITDC?What's the applying procedure for the same? I've done B.Sc in hotel management from SAMS IHM Varanasi
  5. Can I do graduation in Hotel Management after passing 12th science stream? Can I get admission in IHM Dadar without answering IIT JEE? What is the fee structure in IHM Dadar and Mumbai?
  6. How to join Hotel Management and what is the fee structure in IHM college of hotel management
  7. What is the eligibility fro admission of BSc in hotel management
  8. Further studies in Hotel Management at USA after Diploma from IHM Mumbai? -- [New]
  9. Pattern of JEE of Hotel Management? Is IHM Mumbai good? How much is the package offered?
  10. MBA in hospitality from IHM after b.sc in hotel management? forms?
  11. 5th CHT programme by NCHMCT
  12. What is the fee structure to join IHM college of Hotel management?
  13. Jobs after doing BSc in hospitality and hotel administration
  14. Which sector of hotel management job is suitable after completing B.Sc in hotel management from Ranjita IHM Bhubaneshwar?
  15. After completion of BSc degree in IHM am I eligible to sit for IAS exam?
  16. How to do LLB from open university? I am pursuing hotel management 3 years course from IHM Mumbai
  17. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course?
  18. Date of entrance exam for MSc(2 years) Hotel Management course? Institutes conducting this course in India?
19th November 2012, 07:53 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Hotel management graduate from IHM Mumbai

Hi Friend...............

Yes, You can apply for IAS Examination with your graduation

but, first you can appear for Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice

if you are satisfy some eligibility which is required for Civil Service Examination then you can apply for Civil Examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

>> Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

>> Final year appeared students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

7 attempts for OBC candidates

No restriction for SC/ST candidates

Physical Standards for Civil Examination

all the best.........

Regards........
Tash
19th November 2012, 10:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Hotel management graduate from IHM Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamthakur999999 View Post
I am a hotel management graduate from IHM mumbai. 21 yrs old. can i apply for IAS exam? which Optional subjects should i Opt for relating to my background? Plz help as i am really looking to take IAS as my only career.
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

You have completed graduation degree from Hotel Managment so you are applicable for IAS exam .

Age criteria:-

21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way - 1)Preliminary exam , 2)Main exam and 3)Interview.

List of the Optional subject for IAS Exam:-

Economics

Electrical Engineering

Geography

History

law

Management

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science and International Relations

Psychology

Public Adminstration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce and Accounting

As per your degree , your best optional subjects are- Management and Sociology .

If possible you can choose the optional subject as per your strength subject .

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in
19th November 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

when is the starting date to apply ias exam? could you please share the online link
19th November 2012, 11:37 AM
srikanth0438

Hi my dear friend.....

I can give the eligibility of IAS exam......

Age 21---30 years.......
and SC\ST candidates for relaxation.......

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.....

Fee:

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

you can write upsc entrance exam of IAS........
19th November 2012, 01:17 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

IAS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

YOU CAN APPLY IAS EXAM.

IAS EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-

-*/--/+GRADUTION FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY

-*/+-*-AGE LIMIT IS 21-30 YEARS.

*--+*/-+INDIAN CITIZEN

THANK YOU........................
19th November 2012, 01:21 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

IAS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

YOU CAN APPLY IAS EXAM.

IAS EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-

-*/--/+GRADUTION FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY

-*/+-*-AGE LIMIT IS 21-30 YEARS.

*--+*/-+INDIAN CITIZEN

THANK YOU........................
19th November 2012, 02:44 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam after completion of your Graduation in Hotel Management.

There is no specific exam as IAS Exam, to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

There are so many option for opting optional subjects according to your suitability which you have to decide.

For more information regarding all your quarries, you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd November 2012, 12:49 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam because you are completed your graduation degree in hotel management so you are applicable.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

Graduate candidates are applicable

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved candidates

candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Personal Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 times for general candidates

7 times for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates

BEST OF LUCK.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?