7th December 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to get admitted in medical school of USA

What is the criteria for being admitted to medical schools in usa?since i am an indian,is it necessary to do undergraduation from america before getting admission in the american medical schools?if necessary then in which field should i pursue my undergraduation?

8th January 2013, 11:47 AM
monik.a

Default Re: What is the criteria to get admitted in medical school of USA

To enroll oneself in the US medical school is not very easy unlike in other countries medicine is only taught at the postgraduate level in the US. you have to first complete an undergraduate program before you can study medicine. you can have a undergraduate degree in any discipline provided your program included courses in biological sciences, chemistry, behavioral, and social science, mathematics and humanities.
Though it is not mandatory for students applying in medical schools to have completed coursework in science or mathematics, yet some basic knowledge of biology, physics and chemistry is also necessary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?