30th April 2013, 05:13 PM
Bharath Kumar Chittoor

How to become a IPS officer after completing BSc Maths, Stats and computers with 55%

Sir, Iam a graduate, completed B.Sc(Maths,stats,computers) with 55% , my dream to become a IPS officer, i want to know the complete details about the ips preliminary exam, in mains which subject is best to me, physical fitness.?

15th May 2013, 12:15 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a IPS officer after completing BSc Maths, Stats and computers with 55%

Selection of candidates to IPS is carried out on the basis of civil services exam. The written test conducted for preliminary include questions on general studies, GK, and mental ability. For mains exam, you can select an optional subject according to your choice. List of optional subjects are given in UPSC portal. For males height must not be less than 165 cm. In case of females, lower height requirement is 160cm. Blood pressure, eye vision, etc are checked for physical fitness.

28th May 2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a IPS officer after completing BSc Maths, Stats and computers with 55%

i am passed 12th with compartment and BSc with math 72percent, will i be daroga

15th October 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

I become an ips officer any buddy can guid me

10th July 2015, 07:40 PM
Mohit.Bansal

IPS is one of the top posts of INDIA. For IPS you have to write Civil Services exam. Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria-
Graduation degree from recognized college or university.
Age- Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years. There is relaxation in upper limit upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Physical Requirements:

Height:- Male 165 cm & ST(not for SC and OBC) 160 cm.
Female 150 cm & ST(not for SC and OBC) 145 cm.
Chest:- Male minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female minimum 79 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Eye Sight:- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good Eye
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near Vision J1 for Good Eye and J2 for worst eye.

Application Fee- Rs. 100

How To Apply?

You can apply for the exam online on following official link
http://upsconline.nic.in/

24th May 2016, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to be IPS officer but i completed my 12th with compartment what should can i do for this, please show me path?

24th March 2020, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

If i cleared bsc hons. In chemistry then i become ips officer

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?