16th January 2015, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

What kind of course should I choose to become a Criminal Lawyer after 12th Commerce?

Respected Sir,
I am studying in 12th Commerce but I want to
become a Criminal Lawyer. So, please let me know
that what should I do study after completing 12th Commerce
for becoming a Criminal Lawyer?
Thank you!

17th January 2015, 01:47 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of course should I choose to become a Criminal Lawyer after 12th Commerce?

Law is a good choice for a candidate who is Analyzing, Advocating and Counseling skills.

BA LLB is a five year integrated course for the students who are willing to pursue their career in law. They can either be a Civil lawyer or Criminal lawyer.

Criminal lawyer deal with the cases pertaining to robbery, murder, arson and rape.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate to appear in the entrance exam.

some of the common entrance exams are like Common Law Admission Test(CLAT), Law School Admission Test(LSAT) etc.
17th January 2015, 04:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of course should I choose to become a Criminal Lawyer after 12th Commerce?

To become Criminal lawyer, you must have to pursue "Bachelor of Laws (LLB)" after 12th class commerce. The duration of Bachelor of Laws course is 03 years and after completion of LLB course you can even pursue Master of Laws (LLM) course which lasts about one or two years. Or else you may go for another course called "Integrated Undergraduate Degree". The duration of Integrated law program is about 05 years.

You need to appear in CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) to get eligibility to pursue Bachelor degree law course.
Candidates who have passed 12th class (Arts Stream or Commerce Stream or Science Stream) are eligible to appear for CLAT examination. After completion of law courses, you may go for Criminal Lawyer designation. Apart from Criminal Lawyer post, you may even go for Legal Advisor, Judge, Legal Analyst, Civil Litigation Lawyer, Document Drafting Lawyer. Since you are going to complete 12th commerce, I suggest you to apply for CLAT examination to do law courses and further to become Criminal Lawyer.
26th May 2017, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I am studying in 9th and i want to become a Criminal lawyer which stream should i choose in class 10th ?
Thank you..
31st August 2020, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

what is better an private lawyer or an government lawyer?
4th September 2020, 05:33 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: What kind of course should I choose to become a Criminal Lawyer after 12th Commerce?

After completing an undergraduate degree, law school is typically a 3-year program. Some states require continuing education to maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws

To become Criminal lawyer, you must have to pursue "Bachelor of Laws (LLB)" after 12th class commerce. The duration of Bachelor of Laws course is 03 years and after completion of LLB course you can even pursue Master of Laws (LLM) course which lasts about one or two years.
28th April 2021, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student of class 12th and I want to become a lawyer ( criminal lawyer) then what should i do??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?