23rd February 2015, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Admission in ICSE is based on Date of Birth criteria or age criteria?

my son is 6 years old. so he is youngest in the batch of icse school in 1st class. this may affect his career in the long run.
is there a criteria for admission to icse 1st standard based on date of birth and is that criteria for minimum age or maximum age also.

24th February 2015, 01:56 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in ICSE is based on Date of Birth criteria or age criteria?

Admission in ICSE is basically done based on age criteria, and yes of course age can be calculated based on Date of Birth. But the direct admission of your child in ICSE is based on the age criteria. Yes, the minimum age of a candidate to join ICSE first class is 5 years and it is happy to say that there is no particular maximum age limit. Do not worry, 6 years is the reasonable age and you admitted your child in ICSE first class at right age. It does not even affect his career at all, since the general age limit of candidate is 5 to 7 years. The basic age criteria is candidate must have completed 5 years of age as on 31st March of the admission year. Since there are no certain age limits are required, you no need to worry about your child at all.
24th February 2015, 02:28 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in ICSE is based on Date of Birth criteria or age criteria?

No, there will be no problem for your son in future if currently his age is 6 years and he is admitted in class 1.

The minimum age required for a student to be able to study in class 1 is 5 years and 8 months.

However in your child's case, he has already aquired the minimum age criteria for admission in class 1, therefore he will not have to face any problems in future.
24th February 2015, 01:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

ICSE board has not specified any minimum or maximum age limits for admission. But, it instructed all the ICSE affiliated schools, to follow the age limit criteria as set by the State Education Department of the concerned State Government. So, the age criteria slightly varies from one state to another state. And most of the ICSE school offers 1st standard admission for the students, who have completed a minimum of 5 yrs and 8 months. So, there is no need to worry about this issue, because your child has already 6 years.
12th August 2016, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

my sons date of birth is 25-11-2010 and he will be admitted in class 1 for the session 2017-18. will he have problems getting admission in i.c.s.e.based school.
8th October 2016, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

My daughter date of birth is 8-8-2013 and she is in nursery. Will she be admitted in Jr. Kg for the session 2017-18 in ICSE board.
9th October 2016, 07:29 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes she will be admitted in Jr.Kg in ICSE board.You need to apply next year once forms are available
She will be 4 years old next year.And let her study in ICSE board till12th.
11th October 2016, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

My grand son was born on 09/9/2014.please suggest which year he can apply for preschool.
6th November 2017, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

My younger daugther will be three years next year 2018 .And the school starts in june her date of birth is 14/02/2015 .when should i join take admission in school she wont speak clearly my elder daughter is in ukg her date of birth is 05/05/2013 she spoke fast i joined her when coming to younger i am comfused
Thanking you for valuable time.
7th November 2017, 10:02 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

A candidate must have minimum 3 years of age and maximum 4 to 5 years of age to get admission in a school.

Mainly the age limit criteria is defined for class 10th board exams.
A candidate must have minimum 14 years of age.
You can take your child at the age of 4 in the school.
6th April 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

My son dob is 2/12/2015 .can I admit him in nursery this year 2018-2019 .(icse board)
26th October 2018, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 19/7/2010. Now he is in 4th class state syllabus. If i change him to cbse.will he eligible for X th cbse exam.
29th March 2019, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

My son's age is 5 years and six month can I get his admission in icse bird in std first
31st March 2019, 03:37 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get him admitted to the school. However, as per the eligibility criteria your child must have attained the age of 6 to be eligible to get admission in 1st standard.

You can contact the school.

Once you contact them, they will look into the matter and will further assist you.
27th July 2020, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

My son's DOB is 21-Dec-2011. Now he is in 3rd std.Is he in correct class or he is behind than his age grp children.
26th June 2022, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 01-05-2015 ,is he eligible for over board exam in March 2030
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?