24th October 2022, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a pilot after my diploma?

I have completed my diploma mechanical engineering. But Iam interested in pilot. How can I become a pilot?

28th October 2022, 06:40 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a pilot after my diploma?

No. Diploma holders aren't eligible to become a pilot.

For becoming a pilot you must have completed class 12th. Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and English from a recognized board are eligible for Pilot course.

Your age should be in between 18 to 23 years.
29th October 2022, 02:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of only diploma qualification, you are not eligible to apply for the institution to get training as pilot and finally become eligible for CPL.

The required eligibility to apply for it is that candidate must have passed mathematics and physics with minimum 50% aggregate in 12th and the minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, you are not eligible for it now but can join it after the B.Tech or B.E qualification.
29th October 2022, 06:07 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility:

The candidate should have passed class 12th with a minimum of 60% marks form any recognised board. The candidate should have completed 12th with Science or Commerce stream from any recognised board. The candidate needs to qualify NDA exam to become a pilot in India.
30th October 2022, 03:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Engineering is a 4 year course but if you are a diploma degree student you get 1 year relaxation. To obtain a CPL license you must first obtain an SPL license. SPL stands for Student Pilot License. This is the first step towards fulfilling your dream of obtaining a commercial or private pilot license.
30th October 2022, 05:49 PM
Msdhoni02

1. For pilot training course, candidates must have qualified 10+2 in science stream with a minimum score of 50% marks. Mathematics and Physics are the mandatory subjects for candidates who want to have a flying career.

2. You should be physically fit, with perfect vision in at least one eye and a bank guarantee of Rs. 10,000. Interested candidates should have an AFCME medical certificate.
30th October 2022, 08:52 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility required to become a pilot is that you must have passed 10+2 in science stream with a minimum score of 50% marks with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?