7th October 2015, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JEE Advanced being a Diploma Engineer?

Dear Sir,
I am a Diploma Engineer. Can I apply for JEE Advanced now? Please inform me regarding this. Thank you in advance!

10th October 2015, 12:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Advanced being a Diploma Engineer?

No, Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination. To be eligible to apply for JEE Advance examination, the candidate must have to appear, qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, the candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main and Advance examinations.
10th October 2015, 06:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

JEE main and advanced are conducted only for 1st year admission in B.Tech course. There is no lateral entry admission through it. Therefore, diploma engineers can't apply for it. Only students who have 12th qualification can apply for it.

There are separate lateral entry exams for diploma engineers for admission in B.Tech 2nd year directly. Hence, you will be eligible for only lateral entry exams like JELET, LEET, DET etc.
10th October 2015, 08:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for it but you need to consider the age limit.

Eligibility:

Age 17-25 years.

If you are under this age limit then you can apply.
11th October 2015, 01:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am a Diploma Engineer. Can I apply for JEE Advanced now? Please inform me regarding this. Thank you in advance!
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
15th October 2015, 08:54 PM
Jitu888

No. only 10+2 passed students with PCM are eligible for JEE IIT.

since diploma is not equivalent to 10 + 2, they are not eligible for JEE.

They are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry in another university.
18th October 2015, 01:44 PM
aaditya choudhari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
You are not eligible for jee advance if you sre a diploma student .and for your kind i inform you that first one have to appear for jee mains if selected in mains then he can go for advance.not direct jee advance.
23rd December 2015, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

sir. i done diploma in medical lab technician in 2015 with 72% and i done 12 nios in 2015 with 59.9% and obc candidate so can i apply both jee mains and advance please reply soon in which apply diploma or 12 in jee advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?