5th July 2019, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Agricultural Engineering?

Hello friends, I am a student of Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, studying in final year. I want to change my stream in BTech. I want to go for Civil Engineering in BTech. So, can I study BTech with Civil Engineering after my Diploma in Agricultural Engineering?

8th July 2019, 12:29 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Agricultural Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am a student of Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, studying in final year. I want to change my stream in BTech. I want to go for Civil Engineering in BTech. So, can I study BTech with Civil Engineering after my Diploma in Agricultural Engineering?

You can study BTech (Agricultural Engineering) after completion of the Diploma in Agricultural Engineering course. It is not possible to study BTech (Civil Engineering) after completion of the Diploma in Agricultural Engineering. For the admission to study BTech (Agricultural Engineering), you have to appear and qualify the lateral entry entrance examination. You can get admission to the BTech (Agricultural Engineering) course on the basis of your rank in the lateral entry entrance examination.
8th July 2019, 07:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Agricultural Engineering?

If you are looking for lateral entry admission in 2nd year BTech Civil Engineering then you will not be eligible for it based on your diploma in agricultural engineering qualification. You can get lateral entry in the same stream.

You can apply for JEE Main it you are looking for BTech first year any admission in any stream. Diploma engineering in any stream is eligible for it.
9th July 2019, 10:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to change the stream and get admission through lateral entry in the B.Tech course.

Candidates who want admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry are not eligible to change the stream.

You are not eligible to get admission in Civil Engineering stream.
9th July 2019, 11:44 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say that you are eligible to study B.Tech Civil Engineering after Diploma in Agriculture Engineering. Only those who completed their 12th standard in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Diploma in Civil Engineering holders are eligible to apply. Being an Agriculture engineering student you can apply for B.Tech in Agriculture through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?