11th May 2015, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility of doing MBA for a diploma holder?

I have completed my diploma after passing out 10th. i am eligible do MBA now ..?

12th May 2015, 12:07 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility of doing MBA for a diploma holder?

No, diploma holder is not eligible for applying MBA course. The minimum requirement for applying MBA is, the candidate must have completed his/her bachelor's degree with 50% of marks from recognized University. Diploma will not come under graduation course. So the diploma holder is not eligible to apply for MBA course. If you are willing to study MBA then you need complete Bachelor's degree in any stream that you are interested. Then you can apply for MBA course.
12th May 2015, 08:19 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue MBA course after completion of your three years Diploma course. To be eligible to pursue MBA course, you must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university and you need to appear in MBA entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course. Since, you have not completed Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to pursue MBA course.
12th May 2015, 11:49 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree(in any discipline) are eligible to apply for MBA admission. As a candidate, who have done only diploma, you are not eligible to join in MBA course. If you are interested to join in MBA course, first you should try to complete any graduation course. After completing your graduation, you can appear for MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, etc. By qualifying in any such MBA entrance exam, you can get admission in MBA course.
12th May 2015, 07:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my diploma after passing out 10th. i am eligible do MBA now ..?
No, diploma holder candidates are not eligible for MBA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for MBA entrance exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for MBA entrance exam.

Pattern for MBA entrance exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
21st May 2015, 10:10 PM
kunalroy89

Diploma is not equivalent of Graduation.It is a course sometimes considered at par with 12 or sometimes between 12th and graduation. Graduation is one step above diploma.
You need to have Graduation minimum to be eligible for admission into MBA.With only diploma you are not eligible for any post graduation courses.
Enroll for Graduation from your respective stream and then complete MBA.
21st May 2015, 10:18 PM
kunalroy89

Diploma is not equivalent of Graduation.It is a course sometimes considered at par with 12 or sometimes between 12th and graduation. Graduation is one step above diploma.
You need to have Graduation minimum to be eligible for admission into MBA.With only diploma you are not eligible for any post graduation courses.
Enroll for Graduation from your respective stream and then complete MBA.
26th July 2017, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I'm a final year B.Tech student and I want to appear for CAT'17. The problem is that after class 10 I did 3 years Diploma in Engineering instead of class 12. Am I eligible for MBA
21st November 2017, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am post diploma holder 3 1 year course front Central Institute of plastic egg and technology, with an experience of 17 Years.
Do I need to engage in graduation course to apply for MBA from reputed institute like IIM, ISB etc
Sajan
15th April 2019, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10 2 three year diploma and having 4 plus years of experience in IT company, i am eligible to do Executive MBA???...
7th August 2019, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2nd puc and joined diploma then I have dis continued the diploma .
Can I join degree with 2nd marks card and diploma tc
15th August 2019, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I have done 10 2 and 3 year diploma. am i eligible for MBA.
15th March 2021, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10 2 and 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering can I join to PGDM
8th September 2021, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

i am diploma holder i had complted my diploma in mechanical in 2011 can i eligible for MBA
23rd September 2021, 03:22 PM
Minal F

Yes,
If you are a diploma holder and have a good work experience then there are some b-schools which offer MBA degree .Eg- FMS, IMT and IGNOU.

Diploma is not recognised equivalent to a graduate degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?