24th October 2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get BTech 2nd year admission in IIT for Diploma Chemical student?

Hi, I am pursuing as a student of Diploma in Chemical Engineering and I am interested to take admission in 2nd year of BTech in IIT. Am I eligible to take it after completing my Diploma? Please help me to know about this asap.

31st October 2018, 12:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get BTech 2nd year admission in IIT for Diploma Chemical student?

No, it is not possible to get admission in IIT through lateral entry.

So, candidates passed diploma course are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry.

Candidate passed diploma course are eligible to appear for JEE Main and Advanced course. So, you have to appear and qualify in JEE examination for admission in the course.
31st October 2018, 02:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get BTech 2nd year admission in IIT for Diploma Chemical student?

You are not eligible to get admission in IIT through lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

But candidate after qualifying in JEE Main and Advanced stage are eligible to get admission in IIT in first year of B.Tech course.

It will be four year course even after diploma course. So, if you want to get admission in IIT you need to do preparation for JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?