21st January 2019, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech(Electrical Engineering) for Diploma Computer Engineering student?

Hello, currently I am doing Diploma in Computer Engineering course. But, after completing my Diploma course, I want to study BTech in Electrical Engineering. So, am I eligible to study BTech in Electrical Engineering or not?

25th January 2019, 11:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Electrical Engineering) for Diploma Computer Engineering student?

Actually, you can't change the branch, to study BTech in electrical engineering, you should have to complete your diploma with electrical engineering.
Being a diploma holder in computer engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in 2nd year of computer engineering course but not in electrical engineering course.
To get direct admission in 2nd year engineering course you will have to apply for entrance exams such as LEET,ECET and JELET etc.
26th January 2019, 07:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech(Electrical Engineering) for Diploma Computer Engineering student?

You can apply for JEE Main after completion of your diploma in computer science engineering. You will be definitely eligible for admission in B.Tech based on your diploma qualification.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling based on your rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?