1st September 2019, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to get BTech admission in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

Hi Sir, I am studying Diploma in Electrical Engineering course in Jodhpur. I am from Bihar and I want to continue my BTech course in IIT. So, after completing my Diploma course what entrance exam I have to appear for getting admission for BTech course in IIT?

6th September 2019, 10:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to get BTech admission in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

You need to appear for JEE Main and Advanced for BTech admission at IIT even if you hold a diploma in electrical engineering qualification. You won't get lateral entry admission on the basis of your diploma because IIT doesn't offer such admission.

You can only get admission in 1st year of the BTech course through JEE Main and Advanced. You will be able to get admission if you perform excellently in the entrance exam.
7th September 2019, 01:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to get BTech admission in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in BTech course in IITs.
Only candidates who had completed 12th standard or equivalent and those who had qualified JEE main and advanced examination are eligible to get admission in IITs. Being a diploma holder, you cannot get admission in BTech course in IITs.
7th September 2019, 01:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot study in IIT after completion of diploma course because the IIT's does not offer admission through lateral entry process for diploma candidates.

Only candidates who have completed your 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to get admission in IIT by appearing and qualifying JEE main and advanced examination, based upon the JEE advanced examination rank, candidate can get admission in IIT for pursuing their BTech course.
So, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?