22nd January 2015, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I am kapil studying in diploma 2nd year at mpvpi nanded. after completion of my diploma i have to take admission in indian institute of technology delhi. for that which exam i have give and what is procedure for that. sir/madam please reply its my dream.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in civil?
  3. Can I join IIT after completing my Diploma?
  4. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  5. How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in E&TC
  6. How to get admission in IIT program after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  7. How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in engineering?
  8. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  10. Can I get admission in IIT after completing diploma in Information Technology
  11. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. How to take admission in IIT after completing diploma? I am a student of Architecture
  13. How to get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical?
  14. Can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in computer engineering
  15. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  16. Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?
  17. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  18. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after doing mechanical engineering 3nd year of diploma
22nd January 2015, 08:00 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT, Delhi for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your three years Diploma course because, IIT's does not offer admissions through Lateral Entry process. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board and those who have qualified and score good marks in JEE examination can get admission in IIT. Since, you are a Diploma holder, you can get admission in IIT, Delhi after completion of your three years Diploma course.
22nd January 2015, 05:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision for lateral entry in IITs and NITs in 2nd year. Therefore you cannot take admission in 2nd year in IIT through Lateral Entry.

However, if you want to take admission in IIT. You can take admission in IIT after the completion of your 3 years Diploma course. As only those candidates are eligible for admission in IITs whi have passed their +2 and have scored good marks in JEE examination.

Still being a Diploma holder you can get admission in IIT after the completion of your 3 years Diploma course.
22nd January 2015, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IITs don't offer admission to Diploma holders because there is no separate lateral entry admission available in IITs. Hence, if you are Diploma holder then you can't get admission in an IIT. You can try for those colleges which give admission on the basis of Lateral Entry exam.

For IITs only 10+2 PCM candidates are eligible and they are only eligible for IIT JEE Main and Advanced. As a Diploma Engineering holder you can apply for LEET for getting admission in other colleges which give admission to Diploma holders.
7th March 2016, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello mam m Ravi I have done my diploma in civil engineering from pusa institute of technology but , I want to take admission in Delhi IIT , what's the procedure for that .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?