10th July 2015, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence?
  2. What should I do to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  4. How to become a college lecturer after completing 12th?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria for the post of lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? What's the applying procedure?
  6. How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?
  7. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  8. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  9. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  10. Can I be eligible for lecturer post in B.Ed college after qualifying B.A with 49%?
  11. Which exam do I need to answer to become a lecturer in college? Max age criteria for becoming a lecturer?
  12. How to join as a lecturer in Polytechnic/Engineering College after completing MSc B.Ed in Maths?
  13. Am I eligible for Government junior college lecture jobs after completing B.Sc and MBA?
  14. How to be eligible to become a lecturer in government based institution?
  15. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th? -- [New]
  16. How may I apply for government lecturer posts after completing MBA with first class?
  17. Am I eligible for lecturer in computer science in private college of Poytechnic?
  18. Can I become a Government College Lecturer having completed BCA and M.Sc. in IT?
11th July 2015, 02:01 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is not possible to become a Lecturer after completing 12th standard. You need to complete a Master Degree along and also qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam in order to become a Lecturer. So, please continue your studies after 12th standard.

Steps to become a Lecturer:

- First, you should complete a Master Degree in any discipline with not less than 55% of marks from a recognized university.
- Those candidates who have completed their Master Degree, must appear and qualify in the UGC NET or SLET entrance exam.
- Once, qualified in SLET or UGC NET entrance exam, you are eligible to apply for Lecturer post.
- Selection will be based on written exam and Interview conducted by the respective university and Candidate who have higher qualifications are always preferred.
11th July 2015, 02:25 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not at all eligible o become a lecturer at college soon after completion of your 12th standard. However, in order to become lecturer at college level, you will probably have to do your PG course in any Discipline and appear for NET/JRF examination.
11th July 2015, 10:22 AM
vickyhansi

It is not Possible to become a Lecturer in college after 12th standard. To become Lecturer in college, you should have passed master degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.

You have to apply National Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test to apply Lecturer post in College.

If you are doing Ph.d in concerned subject, then you have not apply NET/SET exam.
11th July 2015, 12:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that it is not possible to become a lecturer at college after 12th standard. This is because in order to become a lecturer higher educational qualification is required. After 12th standard, it is time for you to pursue graduation course. Usually post graduates are considered for lecturer positions.
11th July 2015, 01:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for lecturer at college.

So first complete, your graduation and post graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for lecturer post at college but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
22nd April 2017, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I am very confused.I am planning to take b.sc (chem)now. Is b.sc and m.sc in chemistry enough to be pu college chemistry lecturer?
Further also should I do b.ed?
If yes,b.ed is 1 year/2 year course? Please answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?