8th January 2022, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

What course should i apply after diploma for the post of an IPS?

My question is what course should i apply after diploma for the post of an IPS. What course should i apply after diploma to become an IPS officer

10th January 2022, 08:26 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should i apply after diploma for the post of an IPS?

°°° In order to become an IPS officer, one should have minimum educational qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or institute.

You are not eligible for IPS post just on the basis of diploma.

You have to complete your graduation in any discipline of your choice if you want to apply for IPS.

Exam : Civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th January 2022, 12:21 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recogniszed university.
Candidates citizenship should be an Indian,there is no criteria for percentage.
Candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years.
13th January 2022, 02:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer one needs to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, for appearing in the Civil Services examination the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, as far as you are concerned about the course you need to pursue after your diploma course to be an IPS officer then for that you can choose any bachelor's degree course as per your interest and strength and then qualify the Civil Services examination.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2022, 05:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. So, diploma holders are not eligible to appear without bachelor degree. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2022, 06:51 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer you need to clear the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. A candidate minimum should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years.
13th January 2022, 08:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You have to pursue bachelor degree to become eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

The required minimum qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline with age limit21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category. It is conducted in three stages.

So, you can pursue bachelor degree and along with it, prepare for the examination. To get detail information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2022, 12:53 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

After completing the Diploma course, you can do graduation course like B.A in history or B.A in political science etc. After completing your graduation degree you are eligible to apply for the IPS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?