2nd May 2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

What should I do next after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

I am a diploma holder in mechanical department can i write jee [mains/advance]. If not what are the different studies there to study after diploma . It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon on this. Thank you!
Plz replay me to

5th May 2016, 05:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do next after completion of diploma course?

As you have completed your diploma in Mechanical Engineering hence I would like to suggest you to appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Exam to get admission in the second year of engineering Course. Minimum percentage in diploma should not be less than 50% to appear in the entrance exam.
5th May 2016, 06:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. But, you can appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. which is conducted by your respective state examinations board for offering Lateral Entry admission in B.E/B.Tech course. By qualifying the examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
5th May 2016, 10:48 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed diploma course in Mechanical discipline and want to write JEE exam. But unfortunately you are not eligible for this exam as the main eligibility for this exam is that the student must pass the qualifying exam i.e 12th standard upto maximum of 2 years before. Since diploma is of three years course. So you have passed Intermediate level at least 3 years before. So you are not eligible for this exam.

>>There is no need to worry about this. You can get admission in B.E/ B-Tech course directly in the second year through lateral entry scheme. The main advantage of doing this course is that you will have better understanding of knowledge after completion of the B-Tech course and also there is wide option of getting job in technical field too.

>>So in my opinion you have to enroll in B-Tech course as well as you have to take the recruitment exams based on diploma basis. You can get good job on diploma basis.

Following are the list of exams in which you can apply on diploma basis:

--Indian Railway (JE post)

--DMRC/LMRC (JE post)

--DRDO CETPAM and many more.
5th May 2016, 11:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can write Joint Entrance Examination Main for Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering. But you will not be eligible for JEE Advanced for admission in IIT.

The online application for JEE Main 2017 will come in December,2016. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main exam. You must have minimum 50% marks in diploma for JEE Main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?