31st January 2016, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Whether Diploma lateral entry students eligible for Railways or not?

I am interested in making a career in Indian Railways. I have done my Diploma in Electrical stream. I heard that Diploma lateral entry students are not eligible for Railway jobs. Is that true?

31st January 2016, 02:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma lateral entry students eligible for Railways or not?

Yes , lateral entry candidates can apply for both government as well as private sector jobs. They are not restricted to apply for any exam related to job.
Lateral entry certificate is valid certificate but the certificate must be issued by AICTE recognised Institute.
You can apply for railway exam through RRB website.
31st January 2016, 03:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma lateral entry students eligible for Railways or not?

As per government rule the candidates with lateral entry certificate can apply for both government as well as private jobs. So you are definitely eligible to apply for Railways jobs but for that you have to crack the entrance exam for particular post.
But make sure that the lateral entry certificate must be issued by any AICTE recognised institute.
31st January 2016, 03:50 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you can not get job in Indian Railways only on the behalf of your diploma certificate because it is just a course and railways require at least degree course for giving railways exam.

So first of all you have to complete degree course after that you will be eligible for railway exam. You have option to complete graduation through b.Tech course.
31st January 2016, 11:29 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No, its not true, you have got wrong information. All the students who get admission through diploma lateral entry are eligible for the job in the railways. But for getting a job in railways you have to go through the complete selection process. The selection process includes written examination, group discussion, technical interview, document verification and finally personal interview.
31st January 2016, 11:34 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes there are lot of posts available for Diploma holders after completion of 3 year diploma course in various departments. You are eligible to apply for Indian Railways RRB. For this you are absolutely eligible.

To apply for RRB you need to choose the Zone which you want to opt for. For this you must fulfill some requirements which are given as follows.

<> Age should be minimum 18 years.

<> You should have completed either 10/12/diploma/graduation/post graduation from the recognized university.

<> There is No percentage relaxation for it.
25th November 2016, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Is a lateral entry b.tech student eligible for ibps or not?
5th October 2019, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in diploma first year 1st semester can i get a job in railway
27th September 2021, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Two years diploma stundents can apply for the govt jobs or not?
4th December 2021, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Is lateral admission in polytechnic can get job in railways yes or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?