21st December 2016, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

In which year I can join to do BCA after completion of diploma course?

Hi, I am kavi I have finished my diploma course, but now I want to join BCA. Which year I can join now after completion of the diploma course? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

23rd December 2016, 12:05 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year I can join to do BCA after completion of diploma course?

In order to join BCA course, you must have to complete your class 12th or Diploma course in the relevant field. Since you have completed your Diploma course, you are eligible to opt for the BCA course.
You will have to study BCA from the first year of the said course after the completion of your Diploma course.
23rd December 2016, 01:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year I can join to do BCA after completion of diploma course?

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in BCA degree if you have not completed your +2 level of education. However, if you have completed your 12th standard from a recognized college/university having scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate and 50% in mathematics, you can avail admission in the above mentioned course.

You will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the respective state or by the respective institute, you wish to get admission in and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to avail admission in BCA course.
23rd December 2016, 01:57 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am kavi I have finished my diploma course, but now I want to join BCA. Which year I can join now after completion of the diploma course? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

In most of the regular colleges the admission to the BCA will be done on the basis of 10+2 qualifications. Some of the colleges/universities will only admit the candidates for BCA after completion of diploma. The candidates will be admitted to the second year of the course through lateral entry admission. The candidates who have completed 3 year technical diploma after 10th standard are eligible for the BCA lateral entry admission. The course is available in the following universities

Madurai Kamaraj University - Website Link

Annamalai University - Website Link

Thiruvalluvar University - Website Link
23rd December 2016, 09:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got diploma in computer science or IT stream, then you will be eligible for lateral entry admission in second year of BCA degree. Hence, you have to apply for any lateral entry exam for admission in second year.

Hence, just try to be well prepared for the entrance exam. In case, you have diploma qualification in a different stream, then you won't be eligible for lateral entry admission in BCA.
23rd December 2016, 11:44 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

You can get admission in BCA in first year after completion of diploma course.because following are the qualification required for BBA course:

The applicant should have to pass 12th from CBSE or equivalent board with English.
OR
The applicant should have to pass the 12th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Or
The applicant should have three year diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic Institutes/University approved by AICTE.
24th December 2016, 12:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?