10th November 2011, 05:03 PM
sris2011

Default Re: My percentage is lower than 50%, Am i eligible for civil service exam?

hi dear,
Yes c are eligible for it.
There is no such specific rules that candidate should have scored 50 or 60 etc percentage in his/her graduation.
Passing graduation is the minimum requirement for it.
However,priority is given to superior one's.
In order to hide your low percentage in graduation you have to score well in civil service entrance exams.
Best of luck
thanks.
10th November 2011, 09:19 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My percentage is lower than 50%, Am i eligible for civil service exam?

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for Civil service exam..

To appear in any civil service exam you just have to complete the graduation in any trade..

your percentage marks is not required.. All you need is you have to complete the graduation..

So, don't worry..

Best of luck.
11th November 2011, 12:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit_verma2k5 View Post
Hi,

My name is sumit verma and my age is 28. i have completed my graduation in 2006 with some repeats. my percentage is lower than 50%. am i eligible for civil service exam.

DETAILS ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2012, 07:32 AM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

hi,
there is no restriction on the % in graduation ....the eligibility criteria are :-
You must be an Indian citizen.
You should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University.
You should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on August 1 of the year of examination. Due age relaxation is given to candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. For details, see Employment Notice.
15th June 2012, 07:33 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
Yes c are eligible for it.

There is no such specific rules that candidate should have scored 50 or 60 etc percentage in his/her graduation.

Passing graduation is the minimum requirement for it.

However,priority is given to superior one's.

In order to hide your low percentage in graduation you have to score well in civil service entrance exams.

Best of luck
thank you
8th July 2014, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

my percentage in 10th is 53 and in 12th is 49 and in graduction is 70. am I eligible for civil service . from my less percentage is there be any problem in interview or in selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?