29th June 2011, 04:52 PM
littleheart09

Default Re: After BSc I.T. what is better course? Msc I.T, MCA or MBA I.T?

Hi, for a successful career in the IT industry, an MCA is certainly regarded as the more preferred option as bigger companies would prefer a candidate who has done MCA to MSc (IT). After an MCA all software jobs are open to you. You can start building your IT career by opting for any of the following basic areas: Software programmer, Systems Analyst etc. An MCA is well recognised in the industry and covers application oriented courses. The course in M.Sc. has a greater stress on theory. However depending on personal competence, it is possible to get a good job in the IT sector with either of the two degrees. Value both options and and the take an informed step in the best of your interest. Good luck.

Related Questions:
  1. After BSc I.T. what is better course? Msc I.T, MCA or MBA I.T? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should I go for MBA, MCA or MSc after completing BSc electronics from DU/
  3. What to do after TYDC BSc? Which is better for me between MBA, MSc and MBA?
  4. Which is more preferable after completing B.Sc(IT), either M.Sc(IT), MCA or MBA(IT)? I'm in 12th std with PCM subjects
  5. What are the different available options for further studies other than MCA or M.Sc IT after completion of B.Sc IT?
  6. MBA or MCA after s.y.bsc computer science?
  7. Which courses can be done after BSC.IT ?
  8. Which field is good after completing BSc IT : MSc IT, MCA or MBA IT?
  9. MCA, MBA or M.Sc (Computer science): better choice after B.Sc?
  10. Which course is a better choice for me among M.Sc in IT, MCA and MBA after completion of B.Sc in IT having interest in Programming?
  11. How to do any course based on BSc?
  12. Can I study MCA after completing B.Sc without Computer Application? List of colleges with good placement facility? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  14. Is MCA better than MSc in computer application?
  15. Which is a better option between MBA and MCA after BSc Computer Science? Will MBA after MCA provide me some extra opportunities?
  16. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  17. What to do after completing BSc, MCA, MSc in Electronics, MSc in Forensic or MSc IT? Any good institute in Ahmedabad city to do Ethical Course?
  18. What should I do after BSc IT and GNIIT course, MBA, MCA or MSc IT?
30th June 2011, 03:32 AM
Swarupb

MCA and MSC(IT) will help you in your current situation. Both are almost equivalent in the industry nowadays. Because both will keep you in programming field.

The problem is that after 7-8 years of programming, people generally wish for management jobs for better life. At that time your MBA in IT will help more compared to MSCIT or MCA.

So its up to you to decide what is your perspective? short term or long term.
1st July 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

which course is better in Bsc(it) please tell me?
5th July 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bsc.computer applications.I am not interested in software field so not willing to do MCA.Can I do MBA in finance or HR?
6th July 2011, 01:40 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my bsc.computer applications.I am not interested in software field so not willing to do MCA.Can I do MBA in finance or HR?
You are not interested in Software, then MCA is not at all your option.

Well in MBA three options are there for you..

1. MBA in Information Technology
2. MBA in Finance
3. MBA in HR

But IT is software related, so the only options are MBA in finance or HR.

Which ever you think is better for you, choose that one.

To apply for MBA you can sit for the following entrance exams in India:

CAT(Common Admission Test) is the most toughest entrance exam in India by IIMs for MBA.

besides CAT you can also give which is less tougher as compared to CAT. they are:

MAT(Management Aptitude Test by AIMA)

XAT(MBA Entrance Test by XLRI Jamshedpur)

JMET(Joint Management Entrance Test by IITs)

SNAP[Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)]

ATMA(AIMS Test for Management Admission)

MAH-CET(Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test)

FMS Delhi University Entrance Test Faculty of Management Studies

IGNOU OPENMAT - Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Admission Test

IBSAT - ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test.
6th July 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

i have done hardware networking course (mcse ccna).now what i do
8th July 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

after BSc IT what is better?MBA,MSCIT?after master i m planing to go abroad?doing job their?
8th July 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have complete pgdca and currently i am doing job in cement co. I want to know that for good job offers what i have do msc (it),mca or mba.
20th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

i hane compltd bsc(it),this gruation is enough 2 get a good job
25th July 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

I am an average student from assam. I am doing my B.Sc with physics honour. I am scared about my future. So my question is that what would better suit me after B.Sc complition.??
26th July 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

hi this is rajesh i am 12passed from commerse side and i am dooing gniit from souftwere injinering and now i want to Bsc it please tel me now it is right and worng for my good job
26th July 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 passed commerse side and i want to do Bsc it
and i am doing gniit from softwere injenering please tel me now itn is right and wrong
27th July 2011, 10:08 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

After B.Sc go for M.Sc or MCA this will help you to make a good career. There is no any problem you can also go for MBA. But according to me M.Sc will be good you should try to pass the entrance exam and to take admission in IIT or India’s top reputed universities.
But be remembering that M.Sc or MBA is a two year course but MCA is a three year course.
7th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

I WANNA TO TAKE ADMISSION I BSC IT. PLEASE TELL ME THAT IN THIS FIELD HAVE GOOD JOBS OR NOT. I HV (PCB) IN 10 2
11th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

what is bscit
15th August 2011, 05:59 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
i am the student of bsc I.T .I want to know that after bsc I.T which is the better course for me to get better job .what is better Msc I.T,MCA or MBA I.T please tell me. in 12th I am the student of physic ,chemistry,maths.
please also tell me! for better job in which things we have better command .
for better job can i do any side course .please tell me
Hi friend, the best option for you is to go for your Msc IT because it is a higher study of the same subject and helpful for you to get a good job.For getting the a good job you should also improve your programming and technical skills which is expected by most of the company.Joining the special course depends on your personal interest.
Good Luck.
15th August 2011, 10:30 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

it will be the best for you ,....if you go for mba.....it has the largest scope.....
and has greatest demand......
it will be easy for you as you will get sufficient time to prepare for exams like cat , XAt ...etc
although other courses are also good ....but as you wanted to do a good job .....
i gave you the advice for the best job.....

Thanks
15th August 2011, 10:59 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

If you are interested in the IT sector and you are technically strong in this field then it would be better to do masters in the same. The problem of job is in each and every field but that doesn't matter. If you are technically strong then you will surely get a good job.
MBA is also a good choice but it is not as easy as looks to be. There is very heavy competition in MBA entrance examination. For qualifying a good reputed MBA entrance you will have to prepare very well with complete sincerity and honesty. But it will take at least one complete year.
If you don't qualify a good one you will have to go in private institution and ther you won't have job security and you will lack one year. Also the MBA course is very much expensive. Therefore I would suggest to do masters in your own sector. Again if you think yourself that you can qualify a good entrance by preparing exam like CAT MAT XAT FMS etc then must go for MBA.

Thanks
20th August 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

how i know MScIT&CA is professional course or not please reply me,and also send me sort term course of postgraduate
24th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: After BSc I.T. what is better course? Msc I.T, MCA or MBA I.T?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
dear friend

after b.sc it , according to me, you should persue mca from a good university
or you can work in some it company and alongwith that go for distance
learning mca, that way you will be able to get experience......

Ok
all the best.
i like it.by doing mca through ignou is it good that is correspondence?
24th August 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

DOING MCA IN IGNOU AS CORRESPONDENCE IS GOOD? CAN I GET THE GOOD JOB WITH HIGH SALARY?
24th August 2011, 07:20 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear guest
After BSc IT it is better to go for MCA . Other two options are also good but MCA is the best option because with MCA chances of getting job is higher. My friend i will suggest you to go for MCA
24th August 2011, 07:21 PM
vinaykr04

What you choose depends on your career goals. The MBA is a general degree that trains students to become managers at any level in business up to CEO. The MS is a specialized degree that concentrates on a single field and trains students for high level staff or research positions. The MBA is a general degree preparing students for management positions in any level of a business, up to CEO. MBA students study accounting, finance, marketing, management, statistics, economics, strategy, policy, and other courses. Many MBA programs offer concentrations in these and many other fields, but that amounts to only 2-3 courses in your chosen field in the second year of study. Many students avoid a concentration and take a variety of elective subjects to gain a broader background. By the time you finish the first year you'll be able to decide which concentration interests you.

The MBA is not like an MS degree that concentrates study in a single field and prepares students for high level staff or research positions. The MS typically requires an undergraduate education in the field in which you want the MS, or a closely related field. A finance major does not get an MS in chemistry, and a chemistry major does not get an MS in accounting. MBA programs accept students in any undergraduate field. They prefer students who do not have a business background because they give you the business training but they cannot provide the broad background that managers should have. I have taught MBA students with degrees in Music, Medicine, Dentistry, Law. Psychology, Political Science, Chemistry, Biology, engineering, and many other fields.

Most MBA programs prefer students with 2-3 years work experience after the first degree, but many accept students right out of college if they have good grades and a high GMAT score. Some MBA programs are designed specifically for new college graduates without work experience. MBAs with good grades are in high demand and they command good starting salaries. To find the MBA program that best fits your background, criteria and preferences, a good source of information is the Official MBA Guide, a free public service at http://officialmbaguide.org. You can use it to select programs in specific geographic regions, specific concentrations, or specific types of programs, such as full-time, part-time, executive, distance learning, and accelerated. You can specify criteria that are important to you and get a ranked list of programs that best fit those criteria. From the Guide you can go directly to a school's URL or contact schools by email.
24th August 2011, 07:26 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
i am the student of bsc I.T .I want to know that after bsc I.T which is the better course for me to get better job .what is better Msc I.T,MCA or MBA I.T please tell me. in 12th I am the student of physic ,chemistry,maths.
please also tell me! for better job in which things we have better command .
for better job can i do any side course .please tell me
on any given day..MBA is better as it has a wide range of jobs and offers very high salary..u should be gud in english
24th August 2011, 08:22 PM
sg1991

Dear friend,
my personal preference order for the courses that you have mentioned is as follows-
1. MBA
2. M.Sc.
3. MCA
The reason is that since you have some technical knowledge, you will also gain business knowledge by doing MBA and having knowledge about different fields is an asset. Also package in MBA is good.
MCA is 3 years long and will have same thing as B.Sc. IT. So it is last in my list.
12th September 2011, 08:38 PM
Amit Pathak ,IIM

Smile Re: After BSc I.T. what is better course? Msc I.T, MCA or MBA I.T?

Deer students i want to suggest you that,for you mba is very diverse field and so YOU Prefer it by closing your eyes. Any way you do what you have advanced the field in the particular subjects. so go forward be sure100%.
22nd September 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

fields in MBA
29th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i am student of B.Scit what i will do after B.Sc it for networking pleale reply me
2nd October 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

i m intreasted in programming ,,,After BSc I.T. what is better course? Msc I.T, MCA or MBA I.T?
10th October 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

hii i m student of sybscit ,i m confused about my future career,which is the better and easy course to do with less percentage!!PLEASE TELL ME
11th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of bsc it .... i wanted to know wat is an eligibility criteria for msc it ???? and which are some of the good colleges in mumbai ....
18th October 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

After Bsc what is better course? Msc physics,Msc computer?
10th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Sc.(maths, physics and chemistry) candidate and having 10 years of experience in switch mode power supply designing in R & D, since 1year i am heading the department. I want to go for higher education but i am confuse between MBA and M.SC. in electronics.(I want to go for distance education)
13th November 2011, 01:22 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

hi friend,

since you are a student of b.sc IT,so i would suggest you to go and do specialization in your own branch.

hence Msc IT would be a better option for you.

but if you talk of job prospectus and when the question comes of getting better job then nothing can beat MBA,

for doing mba you need to have:

1)very good vocabulary
2)good and proficient english
3)excellent logical reasoning ability.
29th November 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Friends I need UR help .
I am confuse between MBA.IT and MCA ,I had done B.SC.IT, but I completed my high school(12th) through COMMERCE back ground and for further degree I join B.Sc.IT .Now I had completed my degree and presently working as software Engineer for (1 year).
I am thinking to do master degree ..
any one help..
9th January 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

SIR I COMPLETED MY BSC(COMPUTERS). I want to do MCA but most of my friends and others advice me to do MBA .so i don't know what to do .so please help me to choose the bright career
17th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bscIT but i neither want to do mca,mba-IT nor mscIT is some other cource or degree program in IT that i can opt for
19th January 2012, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Msc(IT) & MBA(IT) at the same time from mumbai university
25th January 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

can i get job after doing b.scit.
31st January 2012, 03:12 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

I think if you have done BSc with Computers then the best option is MCA.
Yes I think MCA is best option as MCA scopes are on a very large scale.
MCA stand for Master in Computer application and it is Master degree.
Alternatively you can also look for-
MBA
MSc
BEd
and other courses.
OR you can look for finding a job .
There are lots of jobs available in Software companies.
You can try in Infosys wipro patni etc.
14th February 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

After BSc computer science. what is better course? Msc compuer science or MCA?

I AM DOING NOW BSC COMPUTER SCIENCE.I'm confused of choosing my further pg degree,can i choose MSC[CS] or else go for MCA ?Please give your suggestion.
27th February 2012, 11:48 AM
drurv

hi friend,

since you are a student of b.sc IT,so i would suggest you to go and do specialization in your own branch.

hence Msc IT would be a better option for you.

but if you talk of job prospectus and when the question comes of getting better job then nothing can beat MBA,

for doing mba you need to have:

1)very good vocabulary
2)good and proficient english
3)excellent logical reasoning ability
27th February 2012, 07:00 PM
michael_scofield

Hello My Dear Friend,

Yes, MBA in Systems management or IT management or Human Resource management is the best choice to you after completing your graduation in BCA Course, If you do MBA then you will be having more scope to get good opportunities in your career in good companies with good packages, and here you will be having chance to enter in directly senior level management and middle level management.

>>If you go for MCA then you will be having less chance to get employment opportunities in top companies and you don't have chance to get opportunities with huge packages.You will get very less packages.

>>If You want to get admissions in to MBA course then you have to qualify in entrance exams like CAT,MAT,GMAT,XAT,GET entrance tests.

>>If you get more than 90 percentile then you will be having chance to get admission in to top business schools.

>>You must be completed your graduation with 50% of marks from recognized university with any stream and if you are belonging to SC and ST candidates then 45% of marks are eligible.

>>There is no age limit to apply for this entrance exams.

You can go for other specializations also,Some of the specializations are;

-Marketing management
-Finance management
-Logistics management
-Supply chain management
-International Business
-Textile management
-Banking management
-Retail management
-Hospital management
-Pharmaceutical management
-Operations management
-Project management
-Sports management
-Event management

4th February 2012 08:30 PM
20th March 2012, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Which course gives higher salary mscit,mca or mba after doing bscit? People says that all are good.but i want to know which course provides(or chances to) higher sallary as compare to others....plz reply fast
3rd April 2012, 11:08 PM
Dilbag86

here is a scope for BSc(IT) students, but a lot of competition is there between BCA/B.E/MCA etc
I would like to suggest you few courses after BSc(IT) which will make your resume strong.
1) Oracle DBA Certification /Sun certification(SCJP) / MS certification.
2) Join MBA (IT), MCA.
prepare for aptitude test.
Start developing your analytical and problem solving skills.
For more information you can visit.
8th April 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Please suggust me cource after B.Sc IT in place of M.Sc,MCA,MBA.
26th April 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

after BSc(MSCs) what is better course MCA OR MBA?
28th April 2012, 10:55 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

it will be the best for you ,....if you go for mba.....it has the largest scope.....
and has greatest demand......
it will be easy for you as you will get sufficient time to prepare for exams like cat , XAt ...etc
although other courses are also good ....but as you wanted to do a good job .....
i gave you the advice for the best job.....

best of luck
8th May 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

after plane B.Sc in( chemistry ) what is better course ?
20th May 2012, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

bsc.it is it good for me?for my smooth life and creativity which i have?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?