24th December 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: IAS or CAT, which exam to prepare?

I want to be successull in my life in every extent like in money, in respect in position... i am from B.com banckground currently in final year... wat to do either IAS or CAT???? plsss helpp yaaarr
12th March 2012, 09:21 AM
jobsick

What if you were given options like MBA or MBBS? Which one you will go for?
It completely depends upon your skill and interest. I dont think that you always wanted to be an IAS officer. You are pursuing mechanical engineering and you must had a different goal before the idea of IAS came into your mind.
But its alright, As soon as you complete your graduation, you can write the civil service exam for IAS but do make sure what exactly you want to be. your decision must not be influenced by anyone else but should be based on your ablility, interest and most important, your ultimate goal.
8th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I'm an IITian doing a dual degree course (B Tech M Tech). I read all the previous comments & also researched a bit. Basically, to sum it all up:-
CAT : Much greater pay and a higher standard of living.
IAS : Greater power, security, facilities.
So, choose according to your NEEDS!...
18th June 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Even though IAS looks to precious, it should be noted that there is lots of politics in govt. public sector. This is practical point. But in private sector even if you are manager there will be less respect in society as compared to IAS. So, is there any answer/solution on politics in IAS field? If not, should I go for IIM then?
30th June 2013, 11:44 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

no other can decide what is good for you and what is not.
IAS and CAT both are reputed exams and provide good earning.
Its upto you where you want to go.
You can go for IAS if you want to go for administrative services
You can go for CAT if you want to enter business world.

Consider the working environment of both before going for any of them

All the best
22nd January 2015, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

hai my name is srivani and now iam doing my 1st year b.sc physics! i have many confusions regarding the field which iam going to choose after my degree! i love to do both mba and ias! but inorder to make my career good i have to opt for any one only! iam a good hardworker and i can extent my hardwork upto any degree i have a great interest in social service! but iam really interesting in earning money too! iam not financialy fit to go for ias classes! can i opt for ias or do cat? plzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me guys! waiting for ur reply?
6th August 2015, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir the syllabus for CAT and SSC is somewhat similar ... Is there a difference in level of question and how
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?