30th April 2011, 03:43 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Default Re: Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

• LP Golden Excel with AIIMS Previous Years solved Papers by by Dr. J.K. Juneja, S. Jawa, Dr. J. P. Sharma

• Oswaal 10 Mock test Papers for AIIMS Delhi (Medical)

• Speed AIIMS Nov. 2009

• Target AIIMS

• Universal Self Scorer Biology for AIPMT, AIIMS, AFMC & Various Medical Entrance Exams

• Edusys Advanced Explorer AIIMS 2008

• Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination (Solved Papers 1997-2008)
17th May 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

i can prepare for any good entrance but i m not doing so , i don't know why, my concentration just drops ,i can't help it , ??
20th May 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, where does the book for medical entrance available in chennai?
20th May 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

iam waiting for my 10th result. i want to know how to prepare for medicine from now onwards?
7th June 2011, 09:24 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ther is left only very few months for exams ,i m feeling as if i have prepared nothing for the exam,now how should i proceed ,so that i can
get a good rank in medical entrance exams.
Don't panic,its same feeling as felt by toppers also.But they are toppers because they did not yielded to their feelings.
Make it a habit of practicing sample/previous year papers and thorough your by writing as many times as you can.
Follow these simple rules and watch the success nearing you.
All the best..!!!
7th June 2011, 09:29 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
hi sir iam in class 11 th iam in huge confusion as i have to appear for the medical enterance after 2 years so i want ti known that how i can study or what strartegy i can made for better result in the ebterance exam
Just thorough your Board books and notes that you have as many times as you can preferably by writing.
Clear all your doubts well before your Board exams itself and don't wait for the last moment.
Do not study anything new before your exams as it may baffle,and after all make a habit of solving sample/previous year questions papers.
That's all..
7th June 2011, 09:32 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
i am confused about books
Don't be confused my dear friend,
All books contains the same information as other,only their way of representation differs.So just follow any one of the without worrying about other book.
Thank You.
7th June 2011, 09:34 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
books for preparing ojee medical
No special book are needed for State Entrance examinations if one thorough his board books.Only extra thing they can do is that may practice previous year papers that may help them.
All the best..!!
7th June 2011, 09:37 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
dear sir i am in 2nd year from karachi
i m going to appear my medical aptitude test paper next year INSHALLAh without taking any coaching.Kindly recommend the best book for preparation??
Since this is your 2nd appearance in Entrance exams I may not recommend you new books.Rather I would suggest you to follow the previous year notes and books but in more serious manner...and then see the difference from last year.
All the very best...!!
7th June 2011, 09:40 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
i am studying 11 std in tamil nadu.i have opted stateboard syllabus.please suggest some Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes.(we are not following NCERT syllabi)
Since you are not concentrating on NCERT books,I would suggest you to focus more on State Entrance exams and follow boards books only.
Also practice previous year questions.
All the very best...!!
7th June 2011, 09:46 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Should i use N.C.E.R.T.book
If you are focusing on AIPMT exams then NCERT books are the best book that you can have.It is also useful for BHU,JIPMER,AFMC. but not for State entrance exams.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 09:52 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
i am a student studying in 8th and i wish prepare for medical entrance now,please suggest me some good books that i can refer
I would suggest you to first concentrate on your Boards.
I really admire your thinking,but this is not the age that you should start studying medical books..but you should excel in your school exams.
Here I am providing some book details when you reach your class 11.
PHYSICS:HC VERMA (BHARTI BHAWAN PUBLICATIONS)
CHEMISTRY:KAPIL,DHAWAN(PRADEEP PUBLICATIONS)
BIOLOGY:TRUEMAN'S ELEMENTARY BIOLOGY and GRB OBJECTIVE BOOKS
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 09:53 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
which bio books should i prepare for aiims entrance
TRUEMAN'S ELEMENTARY BIOLOGY would be the best text book besides GRB OBJECTIVE BOOKS.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 09:56 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
i confuse to choice the books for pre-medical entrance examination
The confusion should not exists for the choice of books.
Basically all text book contains the same informations,but for objective book GRB is the best.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 10:00 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
I have passed the 10 class now. how should i prepare for medical from now onwards
That is really nice thinking.
I would suggest you to join any coaching institute preferably Aaksh,Resonance or Allen as they catalyzes your potentiality. Beside this you must thorough a particular book preferably NCERT books and make a habit of practicing previous year paper.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 10:10 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
HI it's Amruta here i have passed 10th now and i want to know how could i prepare for medical from now onwards
Hi Amruta,
You can prepare for medical entrance exams all by yourself,but that may be burdensome.So what can you do is that you should join a coaching institutes that catalyzes ones potentialities to their peak and bring out the best in them.
Beside you should thorough some particular books preferably NCERT books.
Also give importance to previous year's question papers as many of the questions are repeated.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 10:21 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
my biology and chemistry is good. But i am not good in physics so which book should I use for physics which would help me to get good rank in AIPMT?
Since you are weak in Physics it is futile for you to work on best book like that of HC VERMA.But you may practice physics grom Dinesh Objective books as they contains questuions from grass root levels which may really help you..!!
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 10:34 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
which books are best for getting a seat in afmc
I think NCERT books will help to a greater extent besides the objective books which may help on time management.
With regards..
Ravi
7th June 2011, 10:48 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
i can prepare for any good entrance but i m not doing so , i don't know why, my concentration just drops ,i can't help it , ??
If you are lacking concentration no one can help you except you,yourself.
Don't be ignorant towards your carrer as this is the decisive point on which the whole life of yours depend.
By being lazy and ignorant you are harming yourself and making the way of other candidates easier.

With regards..
Ravi
8th June 2011, 12:53 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
i am preparing for medical entrance examination but i am not attending any private coachings so can you please recommed me some good books which will help me to qualify the exams.
dear friend,
If you are not joining coaching institutes then you have to give some extra effort to compensate and compete other student who attends these institutes.

I would suggests you to closely follow your boards book.

With regards..
Ravi
8th June 2011, 12:57 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
v b rastogi biology book is enough for medical exam
VEER BALA RASTOGI is an ISC book, and I don't think such a great deal of informations is required in medical entrance exams but definitely it may help in state entrance exams.
I would suggests NCERT BOOKS to medical aspirant,as they contain authentic and ample informations required.

With regards..
Ravi
8th June 2011, 01:01 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
hi im in 12th standart from dps. im going to appear my medical entance exam next year without
taking any coaching so plizzz suggest me the best book for preparing..
No book can match the materials supplied by the coaching institutes as they are short,authentic and precise.So I would suggest you to manage these materials if you can...!!
8th June 2011, 01:06 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
what shud i start with in 11 for medical entrance exams/
For clearing any medical entrance exams is an uphill task.So you have to master in all 3 subjects reuired.Hence you may start with any of them preferably Biology as some exams has preferance for Biology.

All the best..!!
ravi
8th June 2011, 01:16 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
HEy guys iam in 11th and i wanna know the type of question coming for entrance AIIMS examination. Do i need to thoroughly complete the ncert text books earlier and should start the ref: books or go with classes. How many times do i need to revise the ncert text book.
dear student,
The pattern of AIIMS question are as follows:
It contains questions from whole syllabus of 11th and 12th standard and is of 31/2 hrs duration.
The question paper includes 60 questions each from PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY and 20 question form GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.

Yes you have to thorough your NCERT text books besides practicing questions from good OBJECTIVE BOOK.

The frequency and not the number of times you revise NCERT books are important.

All the best..!!
8th June 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I hav jst pasd 12th & preprng fr mdcal entrance wthout ny coaching, bt my parents recommend me 2 take admssion in bsc and side by side prepare fr mdcal.Wht shd i du? komal
20th June 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

slam sir i have passed 12th class last month i want to ask how could i prepare for entrance test
i am a good student sir but i dont have books for entrance test. please tell me about the books so i can prepare myself for test
20th June 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I am not taking coaching classes.Which books can help to get a nice rank in various medical entrance exams?
20th June 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

dinesh obj. bio, physics , chem
arihant, brillinat turoial materials and work damn hard!
24th June 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

What a doctor needs most is not the narrow physics, chemistry, or biology they feed you at coaching centers..

He needs compassion, empathy and love of humanity. Without these qualities, there is no point of becoming a doctor.
Focus on your dream and work hard , god will surely reward you.
I wrote aipmt 2011 without coaching and managed to get in merit list. this was my first attempt.

I focused only on ncert materials and used guides only for reference.

I recommend the following books for in-depth knowledge...

MODERN'S ABC - chemistry XI and XII
MODERN'S ABC - biology XI and XII
COMPREHENSIVE physics- XI and XII

NCERT Text books- new and old syllabuses .

Analyze the syllabus of the entrance exam and study accordingly. However , the syllabus of aipmt maybe slightly different than NCERT, especially in physics.

NOTHING WILL COME FROM OUTSIDE THE PRESCRIBED SYLLABUS.

Good luck.....
3rd July 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

suggest some tips for quick revision for medical entrance exam?
9th July 2011, 11:39 AM
mehak trehan

Smile Re: Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

well, you should refer pradeep books of phy. and chem. for subjective and trueman's biology. and obj. refer to dinesh books.
14th July 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

how can i manage the timing for self study and then prctice question belonging studied topics.
22nd July 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

which book is the sure shot for medical entrance with NCERT books?
23rd July 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

as i have joined b.Sc course this year,but i really want to prepare for next year medical exam,so how can i prepare myself?
24th July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

some important formula of heat
30th July 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

How can i achieve a good rank without coaching please give me clue for it and contact me my contact no is 9906586856 that will be your most kindness
2nd August 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

sir,which book isbest for medical entrance?
9th August 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am preparing for medical entrance exam. Is there any WEBSITE that provide FREE MOCK TEST OR QUESTION PAPERS WITH EXPLANATION OR BOOKS IN PDF FORMAT? If so, then please post those links here, so that it wil be useful for those who are preparing for medical entrance exams. thank you...
16th August 2011, 12:58 AM
Sehwag6

Many books are available in market .purchase and prepare
23rd August 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

among pradeep, trueman, arihant, dinesh, etc., which 1 is the best??????
24th August 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

iam studying in 11th std in TamilNadu state board .what books can i refer because we don't follow ncert books.
28th August 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

is pradeep physics sufficient for aipmt
29th August 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

best book for ojee medical coaching????????????????????
4th September 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

is ncert book enough for medical entrance exam like AIIMS
4th September 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

if u r appearing for west bengal medical entrance exam then do follow rudiments of biology chemistry n physics,,,,, they'll surely help u a lot.....
4th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

hi am a 3 student.now am prepare for medical entrace but i cant in 2 exam 50% marks so what can i do how to prepare pls help me?
5th September 2011, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th standard and i want to appear for the AIPMT exams next year. So please advice me as to follow which reference books.
10th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

books to prepare for ys parmar nauni horticulture ug courses
11th September 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

can coaching helps us for enterance exam.
22nd September 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

SIR . SUGGEST ME THAT SHOULD I READ BOTH 11TH 12 TH CLASS SCIENCE FOR ENTERANCE EXAMS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?