11th November 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After b.tech should I go for IAS ?

I am studying information science in B.E so which sub i should? can u help me?
21st February 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

after b.tech. i want go for IAS by machanical engineering?
13th April 2012, 08:50 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Dear friend
As a matter of fact electronics subject is not going to help you at all from the UPSC point of view. So your confusion is very much reasonable.
But in this situation I would recommend you to take your BTech serious to that extent so that your grades till now remains maintained.
Its good that you are definite for your aim but if any thing wrong happens you may need your BTech.
For now you take your BTech as full time and keep UPSC part time. Once you complete your Btech keep it completely aside and take UPSC as full time.
You can start your preparation now by making habit of reading news papers(THE HINDU) and Magazines(Chronicle, Pratiyogita Darapan, CSR). It will build your current affairs and help in General Studies. After 3-4 months you can start your preparation by going through mains subject as well. Give it 2-3 hours daily. It will be good enough for now.
Thank You
14th April 2012, 04:53 PM
maya_sarabhai

The upsc exam which is scheduled for the preparation of ias/ips exams has the eligibility of a graduate from a a recognised university with the sge limit of 21-30 years.you have to appear for the exam and the results are out within 3-4 months then if you qualify you have to undergo a physical and interview tests round these processes within 2-3 months and if you qualify in allthe rounds then yoy will become an ias officer ina aperiod of 7-8 months.within 1 year you will be well trained so it doesnot require muuch time but lots of intelligence and knowledge
28th June 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i am in 4th year b.tech in civil engineering.what are the different exams i can appear in 2013 for the pupose of higher studies as well as for jobs.
10th July 2012, 08:38 PM
Useruuuuuu

Since you are in b.tech 1st year.dont take tension .you have lot of time to prepare it.fistly do your b.te h without taking tension,and also you must update your current affairs by reading newspaper .this will help you lot .and after b.tech you prepare for ias by joining best ias coaching institute.
Best os luck for your exam.and belive yourself
5th December 2012, 07:45 PM
ashis.career

The best thing you should do right now is to concentrate on your BTech. programme. Since you are in the first year, you have enough time to prepare for the IAS exam.

In the IAS exam, you will have to appear for compulsary papers like General studies, English, Essay . So you need to have good command over english language and general studies.

Apart from compulsary papers, you will also have the option of selecting any paper from the following list of subjects.
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
30th December 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I'm B.Tech final year student,my dream is IAS.So how to prepare ias exam.
12th February 2013, 10:38 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: After b.tech should I go for IAS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan kumar verma View Post
sir,i am b.tech 1st year student of electrical and electronics engineering.i had a dream of qualifying IAS.sir please suggest me a path for preparation in these 4 years.

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can go for the IAS it is most reputed service in the country.But you need to qualify for that job.

To qualify to this job you need to write the civils exams and clear the rounds involved in it.

Round are as follows:

Prelims exam

Mains exam

Interview

This three are the rounds you will be facing if you have opted for the IAS dream.

If you are passed in the interview then you are getting the job 99% for sure.

So for that you need to go for a good training and a serious dedication for this exam.

For cracking this exams you need to sacrifice many things.So with 100% dedication you need to prepare for this exam.

Then only you can crack this exam.Or else it is very hard to crack the exam.

So Good luck for your prepartation.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
13th February 2013, 05:25 PM
helper1

dear friend,

yes, after the B.tech you can do it IAS .

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service job post for which entrance exam has been conducted by the UPSC department

IAS entrance exam eligibility:

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree from any recognized university.
2. age must be between the 21 to 30 years.
age relaxation as per gov. rules

3. Indian citizen

selection process:
1. preliminary entrance exam
2. Main entrance exam
3. Interview

Imporant dates :

Issues of form date : 2 feb 2013
last date for apply: 4 march 2013
Date of preliminary entrance exam : 19 - 05-2013

Main entrance exam : 08- 11-2013
duration of exam : 21 days

for more details : www.upsc.gov.in

thank you!
23rd February 2013, 01:03 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan kumar verma View Post
sir,i am b.tech 1st year student of electrical and electronics engineering.i had a dream of qualifying IAS.sir please suggest me a path for preparation in these 4 years.
For preparation for IAS exam you need to check the syllabus and pattern of the exam and this can be done www.upsc.gov.in and I can suggest you few basic tips:

1.Read newspaper daily for general awareness.
2.Prepare aptitude from RS aggarwal.
3.Read ncert books from class 6th till 10th.
4.Practise some good english books.
5.Enhance your General Knowlegde.

These are few basic fundas you need lot more to do...
16th March 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I am mechanical final year engineering student can I do IAS .if do What is the required steps I want to take
1st April 2019, 12:09 AM
Quikri

Yes , it is never too late to pursue your dream .
Dreams are meant to be fulfilled at any age.

Coming to UPSC, it just mentions that any candidate who has completed graduation from a recognised Indian University can apply for the exam provided he is 21 years old.

So after completion of B.tech you are definitely eligible for the Upsc examination and you are on the safer side too as if not Upsc ,you have a career backup.
7th April 2019, 03:06 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Hi,

According to me if your dream is to become an IAS officer then you should have taken admission in some normal easy bachelors degree like BA as IAS eligibility qualification is only a bachelors degree in any stream.

BTech itself is the toughest course. It requires lots of fcous, Passion and time to get success in it.

So i don't wanna give you any fake reasons to betray you but the real fact is that you can't make yourself ready for IAS during these 4 years of Btech.

After completing Btech successfully you can go for IAS coaching centres and then you can prepare for IAS it would be best for you.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?