1st February 2011, 03:27 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do MBA along with MTech?

hi friend,
you cannot opt dual courses at a time in master and also even if you could why do you want to take dual course at a once.First of all it will be a hectic for you and secondly it carries same jobs opportunities as well.what i suggest you to do is first ask yourself which course would be better if you opt and the interest you are having more as compared to other as in that case you will be able to perform well.better to concentrate in one course.
all the best.
4th April 2011, 06:31 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
nothing is impossible,
and these days u can pursue both the education parallely.
u have to do both the courses on a distance learning basis.
but i will strongly recommend not to do both the courses at a time as becosz it will end up wiith no knowledge and u cann't get mastry over any of the subjects.
so i will recommend u to complete mtech first then if u are interested in doing MBA go for it,
after the completion of MTECH programme.

doing both the courses will be a difficult task and u will end up with nothing.
1st May 2011, 04:05 PM
sharivikram

As per my point M.Tech will increases technical knowledge. MBA just gives you a management knowledge. always we need to give importance to technical knowledge.
12th July 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends,
i have done B.E in computer science after that work as Junior Research Fellow in DRDO, After that i have done M.Tech. in Modelling and Simulation from DRDO pune, now i recently joined a job with a good profile requiring, combination of both computer science and modelling simulation technologies,
now i m planing to move towards financial modelling and simulations after 1 and hallf or 2 years working in modeling and simulation industries, so for that i m thinking of doing MBA in Finance after 1.5 or 2 years from abroad or very good institute in India, is It right decsion to go for MBA or any other way is there to achieve my goal, as i believe that i have in me what it requires to be a manger... Plz help me out to decide
14th July 2011, 11:43 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
both the courses you have mentioned are equivalent to each other.....
doing m.tech and mba will be not of good use .

you get totally different jobs in both he fields........
you should have decided to go for management or masters at the very early time of your career........
management and masters are totally different fields .......you might face a lot of problems doing both the courses.....

so my advice to you is to concentrate on your masters degree and do well in that........
although you can try for mba after m.tech ..........but it will be good for you to do well in masters and get a good job after that which will be give you almost same package that you might get after mba.........

thanks
15th July 2011, 12:44 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
i think you can not do mba with m.tech,
you can not get dual degree, you have to
do mba but firstly you have to finished
your m.tech, after than you can do mba.
but along with m.tech, you can't do mba............

thanks
15th July 2011, 11:32 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
both the courses you have mentioned are equivalent to each other.....
doing m.tech and mba will be not of good use .

you get totally different jobs in both he fields........
you should have decided to go for management or masters at the very early time of your career........
management and masters are totally different fields .......you might face a lot of problems doing both the courses.....

so my advice to you is to concentrate on your masters degree and do well in that........
although you can try for mba after m.tech ..........but it will be good for you to do well in masters and get a good job after that which will be give you almost same package that you might get after mba.........

thanks
15th July 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

yes u can d...........do mtech frm gud coll & MBA from distance learning........if u r interested........
31st July 2011, 08:39 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthmuddada View Post
i am doing my mtech rite now can i do MBA as well as with my mtech
Dear friend,
You can do your mtech from correspondene course but it's not of any use.
So i suggest you to do mtech first and then go for mba.
Otherwise MBA degree is sufficent after Btech if you are interested in management field.
6th December 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Hai friends...
am a b.tech graduate in electronics & instrumentation..I got placed in TCS n will join soon.. I want to pursue a PG Degree.. MBA or M.Tech.??? Which will be best for me.?? IF M.Tech, which stream??
29th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends I am doing my 2nd yr MBA as a distance education in sikkim manipal and now I am planning to do mtech as a full time course can I do it please suggest me
9th July 2012, 04:50 PM
vish22.001

i m B.E. electrical, can i do Msc mathematics??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?