14th December 2017, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Admission in JEE Main is possible under OBC(NCL) category having 65% in CBSE?

Sir I have secured 65% in CBSE 12th Board. Can I get admission into the university if I qualify JEE Main under OBC(NCL) category?

Related Questions:
  1. In which college I will get admission if securing 80% in 12th CBSE and 82 marks in JEE Main?
  2. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  3. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  4. Can I get admission in MIT Pune with 56 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Chances to get admission in NIT with 75 marks in JEE Main and 400 marks in CBSE for a SC student?
  6. Can I give JEE Main 2017 at the age of 16 years and 6 months? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which college will get after scoring 82 marks in JEE Main?
  8. JEE 2016 eligibility criteria
  9. Can I get admission in a good college in Odisha with less marks in Jee main?
  10. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?
  12. What rank I will achieve if scored 180 marks in JEE Main and 86.6% in 12th CBSE being a General candidate? Can I get admission in IIIT, NIT or DA-IICT?
  13. Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if expecting failure in CBSE Physics? Whether IIT, NIT or DTU considers compartment marks after qualifying JEE Main & Advanced?
  15. Can I get admission in NIT with 77 marks in JEE Main? -- [New]
  16. Should I drop a year to reappear in JEE Main if scored 54 marks being a General student?
  17. How to prepare for JEE Main being CBSE student?
  18. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
15th December 2017, 09:06 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in JEE Main is possible under OBC(NCL) category having 65% in CBSE?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission in different engineering colleges like IITs and NITs. The percentage required to apply for exam is that candidate must have scored minimum of 75% marks in board exam or be in top 20 percentile of board.

In case of SC/ST/PWD candidates, percentage criteria is 65% only. So, if you belong to SC/ST candidates then you will be eligible for JEE Main exam for admission in any university or engineering colleges.
15th December 2017, 12:38 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in JEE Main is possible under OBC(NCL) category having 65% in CBSE?

As you have mentioned in the thread that you are from OBC(NCL) category, so you get privilege of this and may get admission in NIT college with 65% in board examination.

But this will happen only when, you had secured good rank in JEE Main. Otherwise if you not get higher rank in JEE Main then, you will get admission in any private college not in government college.
15th December 2017, 01:42 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Joint Entrance Examination has following eligibility criteria:

Candidate should have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. These are necessary subjects for Engineering courses.

You should have at least 75% marks or be in top twenty percentile of CBSE to be eligible for JEE Main exam.

You can not apply with 65% marks in 12th CBSE board exams.
15th December 2017, 05:02 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in various Centrally funded technical colleges like IIT, NIT, etc. and other private engineering colleges of India.

For appearing in JEE for admission in CFTI's you are required to have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 75% marks from a recognized board of education. Further there is provision of marks relaxation of 10% for SC/ST category candidates.

Also student failing to secure above mentioned marks as per their category can still be eligible for admission in CFTIs if marks secured by them in their board examination makes them lie among the 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of education.

So being a OBC category candidate and having managed 65% marks in your CBSE board examination you are not eligible for admission in CFTIs as you does not satisfy any of the above mentioned criteria as in case of CBSE the percentile score in Class 12th is beyond 75%.

For more details regarding JEE you can visit its official website www.jeemain.nic.in .
15th December 2017, 07:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Main examination:

1. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is mandatory in 10+2.

2. Percentage of marks required is 75% marks in 12th.

If you are top 20 percentile of your board then also you can apply for JEE Main exam. You can not apply as you have only 65% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?