8th August 2010, 01:22 PM
windflower

After BCA what to do??

Dear Sir,

This is swathi..i Finished my SSLC and due to some problem i was not able to do PUC.. so i joined BCA in TNOU and im doin my third year now...My worry is what to do next. As far i learnt Graphical Courses..Everyone say doin SAP we can get into job...Now please guide me what to do as im planning for MBA to do Further also...please guide me can i take SAP or learn animationa like that..please guide me

14th August 2010, 10:26 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: After BCA what to do??

Dear Swathi,

Don't be worries friend! There are so many career options for you out there!

BCA is a very good sector to build career in the software market..

Now i will suggest you to do the MCA as your Master's degree because that will be the rightest choice after BCA..

An MCA has got huge opportunities these days as it is considered same as a B.Tech in CSE stream..

Well,if you don't like your subject then you can go for MBA in any specialization you want which can earn you a managerial job quickly with high pay package..

To speak about the SAP course ,yes it is one of the professional courses you can do thinking about job prospects..

In the end,i will just say you to take decision what to do next as i have shown you the options without being confused....and take the way you are most comfortable with for your future career..

Wish you best of luck!!
14th August 2010, 01:02 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I would advise you to try for MCA course. Its a much better course in terms or placements and job opportunities.

And you can even try for MBA course which is even more better than MCA. But at the end do what interests you. Dont go for the course which you dont like.

So best of luck
14th August 2010, 01:20 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

look, if you have interest to do software oriented jobs.

then it will be better to do MCA course.

but to do mca course, you should have math in your 12th.

otherwise you can do MBA.

it has also very good career opportunity.

but you must remember if you do mba, then you must do it form good reputed institute.

all the best............
14th August 2010, 01:54 PM
Sathishkannan

It is better to do master of computer application after bachelor of computer application since it has good scope.
14th August 2010, 02:05 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

If you are planning for MBA, then you must definitely go for it. As far as your animation course is concerned you can do a certificate course for it from NIIT. So, you will have a management degree along with a cetificate in animation from NIIT.
This will increase your job prospects.

good Luck!
14th August 2010, 02:21 PM
adityabhushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflower View Post
Dear Sir,

This is swathi..i Finished my SSLC and due to some problem i was not able to do PUC.. so i joined BCA in TNOU and im doin my third year now...My worry is what to do next. As far i learnt Graphical Courses..Everyone say doin SAP we can get into job...Now please guide me what to do as im planning for MBA to do Further also...please guide me can i take SAP or learn animationa like that..please guide me

dear swathi,
actually you have done graphical course too, so you can do sap course . its also have a bright future,. and a new trend, which have money with fame.

but in genral case you should do mca, it will be better for your career .

if you are seeking for mba , and you have interest in commercial line then only you should do it, otherwise you should do mca.

with best wishes aditya.
14th August 2010, 04:09 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Smile Re: After BCA what to do??

If you have creative instincts then go for animation. Best institute for it is nid ahmedabad. It runs PG program. Its website is nid.edu . And you may also do MBA if you are finance oriented. MBA from good college like IIM,FMS,XLRI etc. Will give heights to your career.
14th August 2010, 04:39 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

first of all u should go for what u like.

as u have done BCA in graphics.

animation has a vast career in India and also in abroad.

so go for SAP.

all the best.
14th August 2010, 04:40 PM
Rickers

Hello
After bca you may go for mca. this field had wide scope for jobs as well as knowledge.
You also may go for mba and m.s after bca. but these field are different from your field.
So better to go for the mca.

Good luck!!!!
14th August 2010, 05:24 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend there are many master degrees you can do... you can go for msc computer science orelse you can try for mca as the member said its very precious course if you do in abroad it has much more scope..........you can do ca also if you have interest or any computer software short term courses.....

regards
azhar
14th August 2010, 07:55 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, no doubt SAP course is most charming course running in market & which is most demanded also, even an MBA also want to do the same course.
But i would like to suggest you to either you should do MCA or MBA.
Then SAP is very much helpful for your career growth.

good luck.
14th August 2010, 08:09 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: After BCA what to do??

dear friend, no doubt SAP course is most charming course running in market & which is most demanded also, even an MBA also want to do the same course.
But i would like to suggest you to either you should do MCA or MBA.
Then SAP is very much helpful for your career growth.

good luck.
14th August 2010, 08:42 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

you should go for MCA. AS IT WILL HELP YOU A LOT.

AFTER DOING MCA YOU CAN JOIN MANY SOFTWARE COMPANIES LIKE TCS,WIBPRO.INFOSYS. etc.

all the best.
14th August 2010, 09:56 PM
rohit_k

hello friends
you can apply fpr mca in a good college on the basis of common entrance exam(cet). if it is clear then you get admission in a good college in india.
elligibilty as:
70% marks with maths in bca.
good luck..............
14th August 2010, 11:11 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

After completing BCA you can either pursue higher studies or can apply for jobs.

But job is not advisable because you have limited scope after BCA. Once you will do postgraduate course after BCA your career prospects will increase.

After BCA the best courses to undertake at the post graduate level are:
MBA
MCA

You can select either of these courses depending up on your interest & your potential to excel in a particular field.
15th August 2010, 01:59 AM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there are lots ,the best are finance and marketing'
there is nothing specific,you can try hrd for better promotion,if you are working in a organization.
you can try for mca too.
15th August 2010, 01:39 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

if you don't like your subject then you can go for MBA in any specialization you want which can earn you a managerial job quickly with high pay package..if you have interest to do software oriented jobs.then it will be better to do MCA course.but to do mca course, you should have math in your 12th.
15th August 2010, 01:47 PM
bholag

Dear Friend,
It is totally dependent upon you and your interest.
After BCA ,
it will be better if you do MCA from some recognized institute or
you can do MBA as it is most demanding sector now a days.
After completing it you will be able to get high package.
To get admission to reputed college for MBA , you have to qualify in CAT or MAT or SNAP etc exam and then after you have to do well in GD & PI exam conducted by the college.
16th August 2010, 01:15 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

after BCA u can do MCA..Bcz after BCA there is a limited option for getting

job.. there is no huge scope for getting good job. so u can go for MCA,

otherwise u can go for MBA.

ALL THE BEST.
19th August 2010, 05:14 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

hi folks,
from my point of view bca is not sufficient for a god job in today’s market.
u can do java and other short term course for getting a good job.
and side by side by correspondence u can do mca,mba
whatever.
hope this will help
19th August 2010, 05:15 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

OR Do MCA After BCA is also a good choice for the better job and a handsome money.
Thanks
Hsakapandit
20th August 2010, 11:13 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
There r huge higher study options

BCA is one of the best computer course ,so u can get admission in B.Tech,if u wane for knowledge .

otherwise, after BCA u may take entry for MCA,MBA,M.Tech

then ur knowledge will be increased & ur confidence also,then u can apply to very high profiled MNCs such as
TCS,INFOSYS,Wipro,Tech Mahindra,CTS etc
online or offline

Best of luck
3rd September 2010, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I m pursuing BCArd sem but i m more intrested in writting thoughts and stories either than in programing what i do pls suggest me i m very tens nobudy respect my dession because they are saying you are sick
23rd September 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

HELLO-I AM SHIVA PRASAD DAS
I AM CONTINUING BCA . NOW I AM FINALYEAR STUDENT IN THE COLLEGE OF M.A.H.E-(UTKAL UNIVERCITY)
NOW I AM CINFUSED WHAT TO DO ? MY WISH IS TO BE A JOB IN BANKING SECTOR .SO WHAT I HAVE TO DO ?
25th September 2010, 12:57 PM
subhash1206

Quote:
Dear Sir,

you ca do mca as well as mba both are good from the placement point of view
and also think from your self as course you have to do not us ok best of luck
29th September 2010, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm Sruthy. i'm doing my final year in BCA, and i was wondering if i can take up MCA course as i took the Science-Computer stream in my 12th. If so, I wish to do a correspondence course in MCA, while working full-time on a job.

My second query is, do correspondence in MCA have lower value than regular course at a good college, in terms of getting a good job? I mean, is correspondence or regular MCA course a matter of importance when employers hire candidates?
29th September 2010, 04:20 AM
Artistic008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m pursuing BCArd sem but i m more intrested in writting thoughts and stories either than in programing what i do pls suggest me i m very tens nobudy respect my dession because they are saying you are sick
Hi, I never thought i would meet someone with the same problem as i have. i really love to write thoughts that comes across my mind, that comes on paper as an essay. i've completed BCA waiting for my results, and i'm thinking i shud take MCA, coz i like programming too.

Computing is not all about programming, you know. There are a whole lot of other fields in it too. If You really dont like programming much, you can opt for MCITP course. The Microsoft describes it in its site: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsclient.aspx#tab3 , as:

"The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification is for experienced IT professionals who focus on a broad range of issues on the client operating system, desktop applications, mobile devices, networking, and hardware support. Earning this certification is the ideal way to demonstrate your ability to use Windows to excel in a job role relevant in today's market."

Plus there's only 5 exams to pass. i was informed MCITP would be good choice for a fresher seeking job. As for your writing passion, you can make up a good blog if you have the talent. there are many bloggers making money out of blogging. but, in my opinion, it wud be better if you do that on the side. Or you could sign up on any of the popular writing sites, enter competitions and who knows, perhaps someday, you'll be contacted by a publisher or an e-magazine for an article or a novel. Dont give up, doors are always waiting for us to open, it's only the people blinded by worry not being able to see them. Thank God for Google, i hope you find something to make you shine.
8th October 2010, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

I'm in BCA2nd sem now i'm worried about my jobs after completing this course.....bcz bca is mainly about the programing but i have face a problem about this programing so i worried about jobs....... is there any jobs 4 me after completing this BCA course without programing knowledge
29th January 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I have no knowledge after complete my bca so what will i do please suggest me
31st January 2011, 12:56 PM
Deb51

after BCA you may do MCA or MBA if you have interest to do higher study.
but if you want to do job then try to get good job in some reputed IT company like TCS, Infosys, IBM etc.
13th February 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

AFTER BCA AND MCA I DO A COPUTER TEACHING JOB.
13th February 2011, 11:23 PM
aryabhatta

dear

there are many options you have after BCA you can go for MBA or MCA that is a best option for you otherwise you can go for some certificate course form NIIT like REDHAT or MCITP
13th February 2011, 11:42 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

As you are a BCA student and also have the knowledge of computer graphics which shows the more interest of you towards computer fields. So according to my suggestion it would be good to do MCA.

By doing MCA you will get the advanced knowledge related to your field and then you are also comparatively equivalent to a computer engineering student.
So doing the MCA course after the BCA is the best option for you.

To get the admission in some good institute for the MCA course you need 60% or above in BCA and also have Maths at 10+2 level. There are various institutes in India in which you can apply for the MCA course. Some of the good institutes are listed below:

Mangalore University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Anna University
Institute of Technology and Science, Gaziabad
Dr. BR Ambedkar University, Agra
College of Engineering Kakinada
Birla Institute of Information technology, Pilani
Regional Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
Birla Institute of Information technology Ranchi
Mahatma Gandhi Uniersity, Kochi
Sri Vasavi College, Erode
Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Bombay

But if you have more interest in doing MBA then its good to do MBA because in MBA also there are lots of job opportunities are available. But doing course of you interest is better. So go for that course only in which you have more interest .

GOOD LUCK
14th February 2011, 02:15 AM
mishra245

After BCA you should apply for the MCA exam.
This is increase your knowledge and and also take at the top on the computer field.
So if BCA pass out is interested in IT or software field, they have to have join MCA course in reputed university. MCA degree is equivalent to B.E from computer science from hiring point of view for most of IT companies.

other wise they can prepare for MBA or UPSC.
14th February 2011, 03:13 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Sir,

hello
In my opinion you must do MCA.
because it is the master degree of your bachelor one
It will help you in gettin jobs easier
YOU can also do MBA it will also help ypu in getting jobs but In my mca must be done before
After completing MCA you can also do Mba..
so best of luck.............
14th February 2011, 08:43 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: After BCA what to do??

DAER Friend
if you have no any problem then you can take admission in MCA because in market there is so many demand of MCA if you have no any problem .if you have problem then you can join the job and do from open MCA.because from MCA you just promotion on higher post and gain more knowledge.
14th February 2011, 11:52 AM
Ankur agrawal

Dont Worry

A lot of option in ur carrier .........

U choose MCA
MBA or and course u want...........
14th February 2011, 03:33 PM
jacqulinprincy

hi swathi, sap is an awesome course which you can do side by side by carring on with your higher studies, as you have completed BCA better opt for MCA as your next which would add to your profile and would make it easier for you to be hiried in any sort of job.
good luck.
14th February 2011, 04:36 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

your views are also good so you can go for it,as the courses which you mentioned are also in demand in many companies.
I would like to suggest you that you should go for MCA after it.
MCA will be very good for you if your career in software field.
You may go for MBA too .
Ultimately its your choice so choose according to your interest........
14th February 2011, 05:06 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: After BCA what to do??

Hi!!!!
Better to decide first that what you really want from yourself and where you want to see yourself in future.I mean to say first you decide your interest area that you are much interested in management field than go for MBA and if you think that you are much interested in technical field than go for MCA a better option for BCA guys and girs.So choice is yours.

with best wishes!!!!
14th February 2011, 10:38 PM
bikenindia

Hi,

There are lots of scopes after BCA.
Either you can go for MCA or you can go for job.
If you want to go for MCA, write AIMCET exam. You can get very good college and your future is very bright.
With MCA, you can work in many MNC's.

Thanks.
14th February 2011, 11:05 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Don't be worries friend! There are so many career options for you out there!

BCA is a very good sector to build career in the software market..

Now i will suggest you to do the MCA as your Master's degree because that will be the rightest choice after BCA..

An MCA has got huge opportunities these days as it is considered same as a B.Tech in CSE stream..
15th February 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

how many seat for mca in iit bombay
15th February 2011, 11:28 PM
Sachin Narayan

After BCA the best option is to pursue MCA. Nowadays MCA has of much importance be it in private sector or government sector.

With MCA you can be a IT officer, a bank PO, or you can serve our country by going in armed forces.

Besides government sector in private sector also you prove to be a card of ace.

MCA will definitely boost your job opportunitiesand career growth.

Rest do what suits you best and head towards your field of interest.

thank you
2nd March 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

if i don't want to do MCA or MBA then what other option for me?
27th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Yes i would like to say that just leave IT Field because there is no future in it...................................
16th April 2011, 01:03 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You should go for MCA after completing your BCA..If you do MCA after BCA then the job placement chances increases,...and you will get good and secure job...
24th April 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam
this is amit patel, i have done my BCA with 71.8%, nw plz tell me which course is perfect for me & my career also, n tell me about Microsoft certification courses,
my mail id is [email protected]
12th May 2011, 10:45 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i don't want to do MCA or MBA then what other option for me?

Besides MCA and MBA you can apply for the following:

1. B.Sc IT

2. Fashion Designing

3. Interior Designing

4. Jewellery Designing

5. B.A

6. Diploma courses

After BCA following are the options that you can apply for:

1. MCA (It will be the best option as it synchronises well with BCA degree and make you specialist one)

2. MBA

3. M.Sc IT

4. Database Administrator

5. Oracle Certification

Main thing is heads up to the field which is your field of interest.

You can do animation course also, but it is not that well developed in India. And it is one of the most expensive courses.

Yes, overseas it has great opportunities.

After BCA following are the options that you can apply for:

1. MCA (It will be the best option as it synchronises well with BCA degree and make you specialist one)

2. MBA

3. M.Sc IT

4. Database Administrator

5. Oracle Certification

Main thing is heads up to the field which is your field of interest.

You can do animation course also, but it is not that well developed in India. And it is one of the most expensive courses.

Yes, overseas it has great opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?