6th April 2022, 11:54 PM
Akaashraj

After diploma we got a pass mark then we can apply for IPS exam?

Hello sir I am Akaash Raj i have one doubt

After diploma we got a pass mark then we can apply for IPS exam?

10th April 2022, 07:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After diploma we got a pass mark then we can apply for IPS exam?

I.P.S is Indian Police Service. Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment of I.P.S officers.

The minimum required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. So, you can appear for the examination after the bachelor degree. Examination is conducted in three stages. For the detail information about the examination procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th April 2022, 07:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Services and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination (often known as IAS or IPS or UPSC examination) held by UPSC.

Further, for appearing in the Civil Services examination, one is required to have completed his/her graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, just on the basis of your diploma course which is not equivalent to a graduation degree course, you are not allowed to appear in the Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2022, 04:15 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility to appear in UPSC examination requires a candidate to have completed graduation(UG) from a recognized university.
So, diploma holders are not eligible for the upsc exams. At first you need to complete your diploma and do graduation in any stream of your choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?