3rd June 2017, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

After doing polytechnic in mech engineering can i apply for navy or air force?

Sir , i have completed my 10th from delhi board and did diploma of polytechnic in mechanical engineering now can i apply for any Indian army services like navy or air force ?? If possible then please let me know how??

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any way to join Navy or Army or Air force after polytechnic?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Air Force after completion of polytechnic diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  3. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  4. Am I eligible to apply for Air Force after completion of diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  5. Can a Commerce student be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force?
  6. Can Commerce students apply for Navy or Air Force? Can I apply for Air Force or Navy after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing 9th class?
  7. Is it possible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of B.Teh graduation course?
  8. What is the qualification required for CDS?
  9. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  10. Can I join Army, Navy or Air Force after passing 2nd year Mechanical engineering?
  11. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  12. Eligibility to join Merchant Navy or Indian Air Force after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  13. How to join indian air force or navy after 12th science? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I join Indian Army as a commando
  15. Eligibility to join Navy or Airforce aftre passing SSC with 75% marks?
  16. Am i eligible for Indian Army, Navy or air Force after completing 12th from AP and B.E from MP?
  17. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam?
  18. Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
3rd June 2017, 10:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing polytechnic in mech engineering can i apply for navy or air force?

Eligibility to join Merchant Navy after diploma in mechanical engineering:

Aspirant who has completed 10th and diploma in required field is eligible to join Merchant Navy. Aspirant must have done diploma with at least 50% marks and Diploma College should be approved by AICTE.
Maximum age limit should not exceed 28 years.
There are 8 colleges in India approved by DG Shipping in India for the course of Marine Engineering Diploma.
You will be undergoing basic pre sea training which will be arranged by the company in which you join.
3rd June 2017, 11:23 PM
mrghost
Member+

Default Re: After doing polytechnic in mech engineering can i apply for navy or air force?

- After Polytechnic you will not be able to apply for Indian Air force or navy. Actually Polytechnic is diploma course and therefore you are not eligible.

- You must pass 10 + 2 and then apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) exam.

- Or you are also eligible for Indian Air force and Navy after graduation with Physics and Mathematics.After graduation you have to apply for entrance exam known by CDS (Combined Defence Services).
3rd June 2017, 11:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely if you have completed your diploma in mechanical engineering then you can apply for merchant navy.

Eligibility:

Candidate must have done diploma with at least 50% marks and Diploma College should be approved by AICTE.
There are 8 colleges in India approved by DG Shipping in India for the course of Marine Engineering Diploma and 6 of them are in Chennai , Port Blair and Goa.
Maximum age limit should not exceed 28 years.
After completing the course you need to apply for all India Merchant Navy entrance test conducted by Bharat shipping limited to join in Merchant Navy.
3rd June 2017, 11:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Navy after completing of diploma engineering.

So if you want join in Indian Navy you have to apply for the CDS exam.

CDS Means Combined Defence Service

The CDS examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to time in a every year.

Eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy:-

The candidate should have passed 12th standard from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.

Only male candidates can apply

Minimum height required is 157 CM.

Nationality Indian

Physically and Medically fit.
4th June 2017, 01:16 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

First you have to complete your graduation. After that you can apply for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Through CDS exam you can apply for IMA, Navy Academy and Air Force Academy. Thanks
4th June 2017, 10:46 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you have pursued a polytechnic course, so now must complete graduation course to be eligible for applying CDS Exam.

Combined Defence Services (CDS) is an exam conducted by UPSC for recruitment to Indian Navy, Army, and Air Force.

To be eligible for this exam, you must have done graduation from a recognized institute.

Polytechnic and Diploma holder candidates are not eligible to take part in CDS Exam.

As you have already pursued Diploma course, so you can take lateral entry into any Bachelor course.
20th May 2018, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My name is Mukesh Kumar I completed my 10th with 9.2 GPA. Can I join in Indian army/ Navy/air force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?