6th November 2019, 10:50 AM
Kqni

Age criteria to appear in UPSC IAS exam for a 19 years old candidate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in final year of my Graduation from Delhi University. My aim is to become an IAS Officer. I am 19 years old now and I want to know the age criteria for appearing in the UPSC IAS exam. Can you tell me about this?

7th November 2019, 07:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to appear in UPSC IAS exam for a 19 years old candidate?

You are not eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination now.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th November 2019, 07:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to appear in UPSC IAS exam for a 19 years old candidate?

Age criteria to appear in UPSC IAS Exam:-

The minimum age to appear for IAS exam is 21 years.
This means that the candidate must have at least 21 years of age on 1st August of that given year when the exam is held.
5 years age relaxation for SC / ST candidates, 3 years for OBC, 3 years for defence service personnel , 5 years age relaxation for ex - servicemen.
7th November 2019, 10:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in UPSC IAS exam:

- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

-Minimum age should not be less than 21 years and maximum is 32 years however age relaxation is provided to reserved category students.
8th November 2019, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

What qualifications do you need for a sub-course and what should be the stream to do this course
8th November 2019, 10:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for becoming an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the age criteria to appear in the Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st August of year of examination in case of general category candidates. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

So, being 19 years old, you are not eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination at this stage.

For more updates and details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th November 2019, 12:17 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment of candidate as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing in the final year examination. The minimum age limit is 21 years as on 01st August of year of appearing in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination at the age of 19 years and can do the better preparation for the examination till the time you will become eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?