11th June 2020, 07:23 PM
Mynba15

Age criteria to be eligible to write Bank Clerk examination for ex-service men?

After 15 years of service I'll be retiring on 31st Dec'2024. My age on retirement will be 35 years 02 months. After availing age relaxation for ex-service men (my age - 15+3) my age will be 17 years. So, can I apply for the bank clerk exam in the month of Jan'2025?

14th June 2020, 07:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to be eligible to write Bank Clerk examination for ex-service men?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the age limit for getting into nationalized banks as a bank clerk is 20 years to 28 years for general category candidates.

Further, in case of ex serviceman :-*candidates who have served in the armed forces are eligible to claim an exemption of the actual length of service plus 3 years in upper age limit subject to the maximum permissible age being not greater than 50 years.

So, as per the above rules, you can avail age relaxation upto 18 years (15 years of service + 3 additional years) and therefore in your case your the maximum upper age limit for bank clerk examination is 46 years.

Further as per the details, you were born in 1989, and your age in January 2025 will be less than 46 years and therefore you will be eligible to apply for bank clerk examinations as far as the educational requirement for the same post is concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?