2nd August 2018, 04:48 AM
Bhupen Varlekar

Age limit to apply in UPSC-IAS exam for 35 years old ST candidate?

Hello everyone, I am 35 years of age and I want to apply for UPSC-IAS exam. I belongs to ST category. So, I would like to know about the age limit for me to apply in this recruitment exam. Thank you!

5th August 2018, 09:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to apply in UPSC-IAS exam for 35 years old ST candidate?

The eligibility criteria for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

2. The age criteria for general candidates is 21-32 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.

SC/ST candidates can apply upto age of 37 years.
6th August 2018, 09:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to apply in UPSC-IAS exam for 35 years old ST candidate?

The age limit for appearing in UPSC-IAS examination i.e; the Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years for general category candidates. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Further, as per the norms, for ST category candidates the maximum age limit for appearing in the same examination is relaxed upto 5 years and therefore the age limit for appearing in the same examination is 21 years to 37 years in case of ST category candidates.

So, being 35 years old and belonging to ST category, you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination as far as the age requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?