12th December 2015, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I applicable for AFCAT 2016?

I am a final year student of electrical engineering and my degree will be complete in april 2016, so i want to know that am i applicable for afcat 2016?

12th December 2015, 06:24 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I applicable for AFCAT 2016?

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission test.

Eligibility criteria:

For Technical branch, a candidate must have completed four years of bachelor's degree in engineering or technology. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

For Flying branch and ground duty branch, if you have done bachelor's degree in science with 60% marks and studied Mathematics and Physics then also you are eligible.

Being a candidate of final year of electrical engineering, you are eligible for all branches of this exam. The age limit for flying branch is 20-24 years, for ground duty and technical branch is 20-26 years.

So, you can apply for exam at http://careerairforce.nic.in, online applications for AFCAT I is going on.
12th December 2015, 06:33 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Final year candidates of bachelor's degree in science or engineering are eligible to appear for Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Air Force. This is conducted twice every year.

You are eligible for AFCAT I in 2016.

Age limit for different branches are:

1. Flying branch: 20-24 years.

2. Technical branch: 20-26 years.

3. Ground Duty branch: 20-26 years.

Examination consists written test and Service Selection Board.

Official website: http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
12th December 2015, 12:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Here is given the eligibility criteria:

A candidate must have done degree with at least 60% marks from recognized university.

Age for flying 20-24 years and 20-26 for technical branch.

Height for male and female 157.5 cm

Test is conducted in the month of February.
12th December 2015, 03:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AFCAT examination. AFCAT examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Air Force.

Being a B.tech candidate you are eligible for all three jobs as Ground, Flying or Engineering. The eligibility to appear for all these stages are candidates must have passed B.tech from a recognised university with at least 60% aggregate and age between 20-24 years.

Candidates pursuing in final year are also eligible to appear for examination. The online application for AFCAT examination is going now. For other information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
12th December 2015, 03:13 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a final year student of electrical engineering and my degree will be complete in april 2016, so i want to know that am i applicable for afcat 2016?
Final Year students can also apply for AFCAT 2016 exam given that they have secured 60% marks in aggregate with no present backlog and must be able to provide provisional or original degree certificate before commencing the training.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR AFCAT 2016 Exam :

- Online application start from : 05.12.2015

- Last date to fill online form : 31.12.2015

- Exam Date : 21.2.2016

For more information log on to : http://careerairforce.nic.in/
12th December 2015, 04:59 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you are eligible for the AFCAT exam. For AFCAT exam following eligibilities are required:
1) Candidate must have completed his/her graduation or bachelor's degree with 60% marks or he/she will be in her last year of graduation or bachelor's degree.
2) Candidate must be a citizen of India.
3) Candidate age will be in between 20 to 26 years.

If you fulfil all the above conditions so you are eligible to apply. Just go to the site careerairforce.nic.in and fill your application.
27th December 2015, 11:32 AM
iampiyushj

AFCAT refers to Air Force Common Admission test which is conducted for entrance into technical branch, flying branch or ground duty branch of air force.
For technical branch, you need to have a bachelor's degree in engineering from recognized university.
For flying branch and ground duty branch, you must have completed graduation in the stream of science with having compulsory subjects mathematics and science.
The age limit for technical branch is 20 years to 26 years.
The age limit for flying branch is 20 years to 24 years
The age limit for griund duty branch is 20 years to 26 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?