11th September 2020, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I considered an NRI if studied 10th in Abroad and HS in India?

Respected Sir, I have studied till my 10th in Abroad then I came back to India and did my Higher Secondary here. I am considered as an NRI? Because someone told me that I am considered as an NRI. Please tell me regarding this.

18th September 2020, 01:18 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I considered an NRI if studied 10th in Abroad and HS in India?

Under the Indian foreign exchange regulations, Indian students going abroad for studies are treated as NRIs and are eligible for facilities available to NRIs.

Under DASA Scheme, admissions are offered to Foreign Nationals / PIOs / NRIs who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
-Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. senior secondary or any
other examination equivalent to 12 years of schooling in India.
-Must have minimum aggregate marks of 60% or 6.75 CGPA on 10 point Scale or
Equivalent Grades in all the subject of the qualifying examination.
-Indian nationals seeking admissions should have studied abroad for a minimum period of
five years (including the qualifying examination ie XI & XII Standards) during the last
eight years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?