8th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for any bank exam? I am a BPC student with 60%

I am a BPC student with 60%. Completed my B.A second year and persuing my final year from distance education. My age is 30. Am I eligible for any bank exam? If yes what exam and what are the procedures. Please suggest.

9th August 2013, 10:43 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for any bank exam? I am a BPC student with 60%

You did not mention the category to which you belong. It is going to play a key role in your eligibility to apply for Bank Exams.

The entry level positions in various banks are
Clerical positions
Probationary Officers

The maximum age limit with which a candidate can appear for Bank PO exams will be 30 years. This is for the candidates of General category.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The academic criteria will be
One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with minimum of 60% of marks.

As you are in the 2nd year of BA course, by the time you complete your BA course, you will be with the age of 31 years.

In such a case, If you are a candidate from General category, you are no more to eligible for bank exams.

In contrast to this, if you are not from General category, then you can apply for bank exams.

The selection procedure for both of the above mentioned positions will be by
Written Exam
Interview

The various sections in the written exam are
Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
General English
Computer or Marketing Knowledge

The competition is too high for various positions in Banks.

So, have strong preparation for the written exam and try to get good score in the written exam.

Wish you all the best.
9th August 2013, 11:10 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, as per your age you are now 30 years and will not be eligible for any bank exam such as clerical and P.O. exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS.

But if you are from reserved category candidate then you are may be eligible for Bank P.O. exam only.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream and through any mode i.e. either regular or correspondence mode from a recognied University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years can apply for SBI/IBPS P.O. Exam.

Hence as you are pursing 2nd year of B.A. after completion of which, yo can apply for Bank P.O.exam if you are from reserved category candidate.
9th August 2013, 02:21 PM
abhinav.pdpl

hai friend.
bank exams are conducted by public sector banks,regional rural banks,Sbi,sbi associate banks.
bank name. age limit. qualification
1.public sector
po. 20-30years. degree
clerical. 20-28years. degree
2.regional ruralbanks.
for offices scale-ll. below 40. degree
for officer scale-lll 21-32. degree
3. SBI
po 21-30. degree
clerical. 18-28. (10+2),or degr
above information helpful to you.all the best.
9th August 2013, 04:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for SBI clerical on the basis of 12th class as you have got 60% marks in the 10+2. You also must have computer knowledge for SBI clerk exam.

For IBPS Clerk and PO Graduation is needed and there is no percentage criteria for IBPS Clerk and PO after Graduation.

Thus you can prepare for SBI clerk as you are in 2nd year of B.A . After completing B.A you can apply for IBPS bank exams.

Age Limit for SBI Clerk:

General Category : 18 - 28 years

OBC Category : 18 to 31 years

SC/ST Category : 18 to 33 years

Selection Process:

-Common Written Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.sbi.co.in
7th April 2014, 08:26 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you are pursuing Graduation in BA in Distance Education.

You have mentioned like your age is 30 years which is too high for a candidate who is pursuing Graduation.

You did not mention the category to which you belong to which is an important thing in making you eligible to apply for Bank Exams.

The candidates of General category should be in the age group of 20-28 years to apply for Bank Exams.

Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
R
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

To apply for PO Exams,

You should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 60% of marks.

To apply for Clerk Exams,

Candidates who have completed Graduation are eligible.

I am sorry to say that you can not apply for Bank Exams if you are a candidate from General category.

However if you belong to Other categories then you can apply for Ban Exams.

Try to score 60% of marks in your Graduation and so that you will be eligible to apply for PO positions.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?