1st September 2019, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for AIIMS medical entrance while being in 11th standard?

Now, I am studying in 11th standard from Science stream with PCB subject combination. So, can I appear for AIIMS medical entrance examination? Or, do I need to completed 12th first?

4th September 2019, 07:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for AIIMS medical entrance while being in 11th standard?

The full form of AIIMS is All India Institute of Medical Sciences.

To apply for AIIMS entrance examination, a candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology from a recognized board. In board exam of 12th, he must have secured minimum of 60% marks. The cut off marks percentage for SC/ST candidate is 50%.

The minimum age required to apply for exam is 17 years. You can not apply for exam while studying in 11th standard.
5th September 2019, 12:10 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for AIIMS medical entrance while being in 11th standard?

You are not eligible to appear for AIIMS MBBS examination in std 11th.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for the board examination same year in PCB as main paper with minimum 60% aggregate.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination this year and will become eligible to appear next year.
5th September 2019, 04:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required to apply for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects with at least 60% marks (or 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category) in aggregate from a recognised board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also allowed to appear in the same examination.

So, being a student of Class 11th, you are not eligible to apply for the AIIMS MBBS entrance examination at this stage but you can appear in the same examination from next year.

For more details regarding AIIMS admission tests, you can refer to the link www.aiimsexams.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?