23rd June 2016, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of Bi.P.C stream with 89% marks?

I completed inter bi.p.c. Streme with 89% can i perform best in degree b.sc biotechnology and there are any government job placements for this course and if there what are salary ranges? Can you let me know the details on this? Thanks!

23rd June 2016, 01:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of Bi.P.C stream with 89% marks?

The most important eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Biotechnology is that candidate must have done 10+2 from any recognized board with Biology as compulsory subject. You are eligible for this course after 10+2 with 89% and mentioned subjects.

*There are no direct government job placements but you will have to clear entrance exams for getting jobs in government sector and salary also differs from job to job. You will be eligible to apply for exams like UPSC exams like Civil Services exam, Combined defence Services for defence etc.

*Other than this, you can apply for exams like SSC CGL, RRB entrance exams, banking jobs etc.
23rd June 2016, 04:29 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of Bi.P.C stream with 89% marks?

Yes, you can apply for B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of Bi.P.C stream with 89% marks.

B.Sc. in Biotechnology is an undergraduate course that deals with the study of Biology with the combination of Technology.

One needs to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university to get admission for this course.

Eligibility criteria for admission in B.Sc. in Biotechnology are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry from any State board or CBSE/ICSE.

-The candidate appearing for HSC (10+2) Examination are also eligible to apply for the course.

-The candidate must not be less than 17 years of age at the time of admission .

Some of the popular job profiles available for B.Sc in Biotechnology graduates in government sector are :

Scientific assistant

Biostatistician

Clinical Research Manager

Top Government sector undertakings that recruit these graduates are :

Biotech Consortium India Limited

All India Biotech Association (AIBA)

Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology (RGCB)
24th June 2016, 09:25 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc. Biotechnology stands for Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology. It is a three year undergraduate degree related to Biotechnology which deals with the development & utilization of biological things, forms or systems to obtaining maximum benefit to human or other living things.

Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent in Science stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Sc. Biotechnology course. Admissions in B.Sc. Biotechnology are offered on basis of 12th standard board examination marks and some colleges conducts an entrance examination to find merit candidates for offering admission in B.Sc. Biotechnology course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have completed your 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream with an aggregate of 89% marks from a Government recognised board, so, you are eligible to apply for admission to B.Sc. (Biotechnology)course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?