6th September 2017, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for government jobs if completed engineering through lateral entry?

Am I eligible to apply for government jobs if completed engineering through lateral entry? What are the minimum criteria required? Can you please provide me the official information and the steps to follow to apply for government sector jobs? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile?
  2. Can a MCA through lateral entry apply for GATE exam?
  3. Procedure to do degree course after Diploma on 10th basis?
  4. Private jobs after completing diploma in Electrical engineering. Can I do B.Tech through lateral entry scheme?
  5. Can I apply for Private Jobs if pursuing Lateral Entry Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  6. When should I apply for Diploma in Mechanical engineering course through lateral entry? Should I go for lateral entry or apply for 1st year?
  7. How to get admission for 2nd year of B.Tech after completion of 1st year of B.Sc course?
  8. Am I eligible for ESE exam, after completing B.Tech through lateral entry?
  9. Can I appear for AIEEE after scoring 47.2% in diploma?
  10. How can I do B.Tech in Petrochemical after Polytechnic?
  11. How to take admission in government colleges in computer science and engineering through lateral entry? I have completed diploma engineering in computer science and technology
  12. Which college or university to choose for B.Tech lateral entry (Civil Engineering)?
  13. List of government entrance exams for lateral entry in Diploma course? Procedure to apply for it?
  14. Does Diploma through lateral entry consider as full time three years Diploma?
  15. What are the jobs availability and procedure to apply in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation? -- [New]
  16. Can I do B.E. course after completing B.Sc.? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc?
  18. Can I apply for government jobs after 3 years diploma through lateral entry?
7th September 2017, 09:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government jobs if completed engineering through lateral entry?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in government jobs after completing B.Tech in lateral entry.

For most of the entrance examination ( core jobs ) the required qualification is bachelor degree in specific degree and for general jobs candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible.

The age limit varies with examination. Now after pursuing B.Tech you can appear for GATE, IES, Junior Engineer examination.

You are eligible for recruitment in Banking, Railway, SSC, Defence etc.
7th September 2017, 10:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government jobs if completed engineering through lateral entry?

Yes, candidates who have done bachelor's degree in engineering through lateral entry can apply for government jobs without any doubt. The institute from which you have done engineering must be recognized and valid. You can apply for following government job entrance exams:

>>Engineering Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>>Civil Services examination.

>>Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination.

>>Combined Defence Services examination.

>>SSC Senior Engineer Examination.

>>State Public Service Commission etc.
8th September 2017, 06:54 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for government jobs if completed engineering through lateral entry? What are the minimum criteria required? Can you please provide me the official information and the steps to follow to apply for government sector jobs? Thanks!
Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for government jobs after completing your engineering degree through lateral entry from a recognized university. The Lateral Entry process is recognized by the government colleges and other organizations also. If you complete your graduation through lateral entry it will not affect your career however the college should be recognized by UGC or AICTE to become eligible.

The government sectors/jobs that you can apply for are:-

>>Banking Sector(IBPS/SBI)

>>Railways(RRB)

>>Defense(AFCAT/CDS)

>>Civil Service(IAS/IES/IPS)

>>SSC Exams

The eligibility criteria for these government jobs are:-

<>The age of the candidates should be between 20-28 years. Relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

<>The candidates should be Indian citizen.

<>The candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. For some exams like AFCAT the minimum marks required is 60%.

<>Defense sectors and IPS exams also requires physical and mental fitness of the candidates.

After completing your B.Tech degree you can also apply for GATE exam and pursue M.Tech.
8th September 2017, 06:24 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs if you have done b.tech from recognised university.

You can apply for GATE, IES, ISROetc.

You can also apply for
IBPS po.
IBPS clerk.
IBPS SO.
Railway jobs.
Civil services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?