5th November 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM?

Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM? Which subjects are mandatory to apply for the Law exams? Can you please guide me with the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

6th November 2017, 10:42 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM?

The minimum required qualification to purse law course is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent.

So, you cannot pursue law course after 11th. To appear in entrance examination for admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th stream to appear in examination.
6th November 2017, 12:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM?

You are not eligible to apply for law entrance exams after 11th PCM. You can apply online after 10+2 board exams.

The exam is called Common Law Admission Test.

1. Candidates of all discipline are eligible for this exam. Board appearing candidates can also apply.

2. Minimum of 45% marks in 12th required to apply for this exam.
6th November 2017, 07:11 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can do law as soon as after completing. However there is no criteria for particular subject to pursue law degree. You can complete 12th in any stream and then apply for law degree.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. You must complete 12th from a recognized board.

2. Minimum 50% marks in 12th.

3. Age limit: 20 years.

4. After 12th to apply entrance exam like CLAT.

Some of the best colleges in India are:

NLSIU

NALSAR

NLIU

Faculty of law

Amity law school.
6th November 2017, 07:52 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The name of competitive entrance examination is Common Law Admission Test.

Examination conducting body is National Law University.

In this exam,stream does not matter, you can appear from science, arts, commerce stream in 10+2. It means you can select subjects of your interest.

But there is a percentage criteria, it should not be less than 45%in 12th.

After completion of 11th, you can not apply. You can apply only after 12th.
6th November 2017, 08:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in law examination after completion of your Class 11th with PCM then I would like to let you know that you will be certainly eligible in the year in which you are going to appear in your Class 12th board examination.

Further after completion of your Class 12th you will be eligible for appearing in law entrance examination for admission in integrated LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative law ) course of five years.

Also for getting admission in LLB course in top universities you need to qualify entrance examinations like CLAT, DU BALLB entrance examination, BHU UET, etc. . For details regarding these examinations you can refer to their respective official links which are www.clat.ac.in .
6th November 2017, 08:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There are many law exams conducted all over India. Some of those are listed below.
  • CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)
  • All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
  • Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
  • AIBE (All India Bar Exam)
  • KLSAT(KIIT Law School Admission Test)
  • AILET(All India Law Entrance Test)
  • AILET PG(All India Law Entrance Test For LLM Programme)
  • CUSAT CAT LLB(Cochin University Of Science And Technology Common Admission Test For LLB)
  • CUSAT CAT BBA LLB(Cochin University Of Science And Technology Common Admission Test For BBA LLB)

For appearing in anyone of these exams, you must be 12th passed in any stream with at least 45% marks.
However, relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates.

Questions related to following subjects will be asked in the exam.
  • English (including Comprehension)
  • General Knowledge and Current Affairs
  • Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
  • Legal Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning
7th November 2017, 04:45 PM
Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM? Which subjects are mandatory to apply for the Law exams? Can you please guide me with the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!
The Candidates would be eligible to apply for CLAT 2018 if they have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/Specially abled persons categories.
40% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/STcategory.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?