31st December 2016, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA, AFCAT and IAF exam if got 55, 85 marks in 11th and 12th of Mathematics paper?

Hello sir, I have got 55, 85 marks in 11th and 12th of Mathematics paper. My height is 155 cm. Am I eligible to apply for NDA, AFCAT and IAF exam? Eligibility criteria for it?

31st December 2016, 05:04 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA, AFCAT and IAF exam if got 55, 85 marks in 11th and 12th of Mathematics paper?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board and age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. The minimum required height is 152cm for Indian Army.

For AFCAT examination the required qualification is bachelor degree. So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for AFCAT examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 05:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA, AFCAT and IAF exam if got 55, 85 marks in 11th and 12th of Mathematics paper?

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. Only graduates or final year graduation candidates are eligible for this examination. Senior secondary board passed or appearing candidates are eligible for National Defence Academy examination. IAF stands for Indian Air Force.

At present, you can only apply for NDA/NA examination. Your age should be between 16.5-19.5 years. Other criteria is that male unmarried candidates are eligible. Your marks is enough to apply for NDA exam. The minimum acceptable height in case of NDA is 152 cms with equivalent weight. There is written test and Service Selection board in case of NDA examination.
31st December 2016, 05:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*NDA examination: You have passed your 12th board exams, you can apply for NDA entrance examination. 85 marks in 12th exam is good and it makes you eligible for NDA exam.

*For this examination, your age should be between 16.5-19.5 years. You should be physically fit and meet requirements of this exam. Female candidates can not apply for this exam. There is written test followed by Service Selection board, both needs to be cleared for final selection.

*AFCAT exam: Air Force Common Admission test for recruitment in Indian Air Force. Qualification required for this exam is graduation. You can not apply for this exam after 12th.
31st December 2016, 06:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA examination is conducted by UPSC. A candidate must fulfill following requirements to apply for this examination:

1. Minimum academic qualification is 12th. You have passed your board exams of 12th and hence you can apply for this exam if your age is between 16.5-19.5 years. With 85 marks in 12th board exam, you can apply for NDA exam.

NDA exam:

Stage I: Written test.

Stage II: Service Selection Board.

2. Minimum qualification required for Air Force Common Admission test is bachelor's degree. You can not apply for this exam after 12th to get into Indian Air Force.
31st December 2016, 10:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have got 55, 85 marks in 11th and 12th of Mathematics paper. My height is 155 cm. Am I eligible to apply for NDA, AFCAT and IAF exam? Eligibility criteria for it?
You have completed 12th standard, so you are eligible for NDA exam but you are not eligible for AFCAT exam.

NDA exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 10th or 12th standard.

The minimum educational qualification required for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?