2nd August 2017, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam if I am 43 years old?

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam if I am 43 years old? What is the minimum age criteria followed to apply for the exam? If I am eligible then will I be selected next for the process? Can someone who is an expert in this field please provide me with the right suggestion on this? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam after completion of MCA 4 years back? What is the minimum criteria followed to apply?
  2. NET exam for masters of physiotherapy in neurology first year student? which subject can be applied in NET?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completing MA and B.Ed in English? What is the syllabus for NET exam?
  4. M.Sc Integrated Biotechnology 4th year student is eligible to apply for CSIR NET exam? What should I do for it?
  5. Can I apply for NET exam again in 2018?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam if completed BA in Hindi seven years ago? Can I apply for government job?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for JRF exam if my age is 30 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university?
  10. Can biotech students apply for UGC NET in environment sciences?
  11. Am i eligible for UGC NET exam after PGDM degree?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at the age of 18 years?
  13. Can I apply in CSIR-NET(Life Science) being a Bioinformatics student?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam without completion of Ph.D?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for NET 2018 exam after completion of post graduation? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?
  17. Am I eligible for UGC NET if I am 31 years old?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET? I have done MBA with specialization in finance
4th August 2017, 11:13 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam if I am 43 years old?

NET ( National Eligibility Test ) is conducted by UGC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as JRF ( Junior Research Fellow ) and as lecturer.

There is no age limit to appear in examination for recruitment as lecturer. The required educational qualification is :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored at least 55% in master degree.

So, if you have above educational qualification, you are eligible to appear in examination.

To get detail information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
4th August 2017, 08:21 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of assistant professors or JRFs in UGC approved university.

For appearing in the same examination, you must have completed your Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

Also your age must lie under 28 years in case you are looking to join JRFs where as in case for recruitment as Assistant professor there is no age limit. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category as per government norms in case of JRFs.

So being 43 years old you are eligible for appearing in NET for your recruitment as Assistant Professor provided you satisfy the educational qualification requirement too.

For more details and updates regarding NET you log on to its official website i.e; www.cbsenet.nic.in.
4th August 2017, 10:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET ( National Eligibility Test ) and conducted for recruitment as lecturer or as JRF. The examination is conducted by UGC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%.

The maximum age limit to appear in examination is 28 years for JRF. There is no age limit to appear in examination for recruitment as lecturer.

So, you can appear in examination at age of 43 years. For detail information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
4th August 2017, 11:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for NET, if you meet the following conditions.

You must be a master degree holder with a minimum of 55% marks. The qualification must be obtained in either of your master's degrees.

There is no specific age limit for NET for lectureship. But in case of fellowship the upper age limit is 28 years.
4th August 2017, 11:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET exam:

1. Post graduation passed candidates or pursuing final year of it can apply for this entrance exam.

2. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to apply for this exam.

3. There is no upper age to apply for NET exam for post of Lecturer. It is 28 years for post of Junior Research Fellowship.
5th August 2017, 01:32 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

National Eligibility Test which earlier used to be conducted by University Grants Commission is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. This competitive exam is conducted for:

Lectureship.

Junior Research Fellowship.

In terms of academic qualification, master's degree with 55% marks is required to apply and appear for this exam. You are eligible for Lectureship at age of 43 years because the age limit for JRF is 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?