9th September 2020, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an IAS Officer being a distance BCom student?

Hello friends, I am studying BCom through distance education. I want to apply for the IAS recruitment and I want to become an IAS Officer. Am I eligible to do so because I am a distance student?

11th September 2020, 08:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IAS Officer being a distance BCom student?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of the bachelor degree course. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Candidates passed bachelor degree from distance mode are eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th September 2020, 08:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IAS Officer being a distance BCom student?

To be an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, even having opted for to pursue B.Com. degree course in distance mode, you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination if your university is approved by UGC for offering distance education programs.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.*
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?