1st August 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing B.Com private course?

i am a b.com private student. Am i eligible for the cat exam?

2nd August 2014, 10:55 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing B.Com private course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a b.com private student. Am i eligible for the cat exam?

There is no issue, if you have done B.Com course from private instituion. Any candidates who completed their bachelor degree either Government college or Private college with 50% marks are eligible to apply for CAT entrance examination.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

-The applicant must have completed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
-Appearing final semester student of bachelor degree can also eligible to apply for CAT examination.
-Minimum 50% marks required in graduation course and 45% required for SC/ST reserved category students.

The CAT entrance examination question were asked from the topics like,Verbal ability , Reading comprehension ,problem solving , Data interpretation. The examination is based on objective type with multiple choice there is a negative making for each wrong answers. Your marks will get reduce 0.25 marks for each wrong answers.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
14th March 2015, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

i am in the first year of bcom! i wanna do CAT for iim...! i wanna ask when people normally start preparing for CAT? whats the normal span when you can prepare for CAT? should i start preparing for it in the bcom 1 year or should i wait for my graduation to complete?
28th March 2015, 04:45 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you have completed your graduation course in B.com trade then you are eligible for the CAT entrance exam.CAT stands for common aptitude test and the minimum qualification required to give the CAT paper
is having a graduation certificate.Final year students are also allowed to seat in this exams.And the number of seats are good in this exam.

The eligibility for the CAT is as below-->>

1>> Minimum 45% marks in graduations courses.
2>> Age relaxatation for the sc/st condidates is of five years.
3>> good communicatons skills.
etc...................

So you need to fill the application form of CAT and should start the preparation for CAT paper as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?