8th September 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for the Civil Service Exam after 12th Commerce with Maths? What is the exam date and the syllabus?

I'm +2 commerce with maths student i want to know about civil service examination.Am i eligible for the test?
I want to know about the examination date and about the syllabus.
My d.o.b is 18-12-93.How many chances can i avail? I would be very thankful to you if you can reply me back.THANKS

9th September 2011, 08:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the Civil Service Exam after 12th Commerce with Maths? What is the exam date and the syllabus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm +2 commerce with maths student i want to know about civil service examination.Am i eligible for the test?
My d.o.b is 18-12-93.How many chances can i avail? I would be very thankful to you if you can reply me back.THANKS
No, you are not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, This examination conducted by UPSC every year and to apply for UPSC Civil services examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course form a recognised university.

>> So, If you are interested to become IAS/IPS Officer then you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination was Held in 2 Stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination is the Objective and to cracked this examination you need to cracked the UPSC civil services examination, For this year examination was already completed, But you are not eligible to apply for this examination Now because you have completed your 12Th examination.

>> So, please go with Graduation degree course and then definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> You age is also less then the eligibility Criteria, So you are also not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination. For this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> The Notification of this examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR Offline.

Offline application form can be obtained form the designated post offices in India, But its better if you can apply for this examination Online.

So, Please complete your Graduation degree course and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination and for more Information then please check the UPSC official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
9th September 2011, 08:37 PM
sanju38121

Default Re: Am I eligible for the Civil Service Exam after 12th Commerce with Maths? What is the exam date and the syllabus?

Sorry, sir the eligibility criteria for civil services is

qualification: graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit: 21-30 years.
Relaxation for reserve categories is as per rules.

For more go to
www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
regards
9th September 2011, 09:25 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I'm +2 commerce with maths student i want to know about civil service examination.Am i eligible for the test
sorry but right now you are not eligible for the exam..the eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil Service Exams are:-
1)you should be a graduate from a recognized college in India
2)your age should be between 21-30 years for general
you have a maximum of 4 attempts
1st round will test your aptitude
2nd round will be a test of your graduation subjects
9th September 2011, 09:54 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
To be eligible for civil service exam, you need to qualify the bachelors degree examination in any discipline. Since you are not a graduate yet, you can not write the exam.
No matter which stream you belong to, if you are a graduate, you are eligible.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years.

The maximum age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category and OBC category.

If you belong to general category, you may write the exam for a maximum of 4 times.
If you belong to OBC category, you may write for a maximum of 7 times.
There is no restriction for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

So, first of all, you must complete your graduation to be eligible for the exam.
10th September 2011, 08:13 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
The Civil Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility Criteria for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate must be a graduate from a recognize institution in any stream and has age between 21 years to 30 years.Age relaxation of 5 years and 3 years are given to SC/ST and OBC candidates respectively.
A general category candidate can give maximum 4 times the examination and SC/ST candidate can attempt up to seven times.

As you have not completed Graduation and your age is below 21 years you are not eligible for the Examination.In order to appear for the examination first of all complete your Graduation and then apply for the Civil Service Examination.

Best Whises...
10th September 2011, 10:05 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Civil service exams are conducted by UPSC every year..
To appear in those civil service exam you have to first fulfill the eligibility criteria:-

Eligibility for Civil service:-

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any field.
2.The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
3.The candidate should be a citizen of India.

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
2.For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

These are the criteria you have to fulfill..

As you have complete your 12th in commerce then, you have to go for graduation course first to appear in any civil service exam..
So, go for graduation course first..
All the best.
10th September 2011, 11:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

After 12th you are not eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM . This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM .

Your minimum age must be 21 years old and maximum age should be 30 years old.

Age relaxation is provide age per govt rule.

You can apply to CIVIL SERVICE EXAM exam through UPSC.

Thanks
10th September 2011, 02:08 PM
Tulasinagababu

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

* A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
* Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
* The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
* Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
* Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.

Other Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exams

(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

(2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
o on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
o on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
o on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
10th September 2011, 09:14 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for the Civil Service Exam after 12th Commerce with Maths? What is the exam date and the syllabus?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Sorry my friend,you are not eligible for the Civil service Exam

Reason:

Civil Service exam is one of the exams which is conducted by UPSC(Union Pubic Service Commission)

Civil Service exams may include IAS,IPS,IFS exam for the post of IAS officer,IPS Officer and IFS officer.

For writing this exam you need to have attained certain eligibility criteria and they may include like:

> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years for General Category.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.

> Candidate must have done their graduation from a recognized university with a a fair percentage.

> For IPS exam,the candidates must have not be a IAS or IFS officer before applying for the IPS Exam.

> Candidate must be physically fit while appearing for the IPS exam.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's then you can apply for the Civil service exam.

For more information regarding these exams you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?